Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Anyone withdrawal from Neurontin or Lyrica?

Anyone tried magnesium supplements to help with pain? Anyone done a sodium count of all meds and food?
    If you take Panadol beware it has high sodium.

I withdrew from Lyrica..had no problems.gradual is the key
    good luck
    LET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA

They have found out people are getting dependent to Lyrica, just like benzodiasepam, I was surprised but a new trial said so...
    TH 12, 43 years post

stopping Lyrica and side effects

I have been on Lyrica since 2008. The side effects are outweighing the benefits. I have tried once to slowly over a month to ween off Lyrica but the insomnia became so bad that even with sleep medicine I only got 2 hours sleep a night, so I upped my dosage because I was working and couldn't handle lack of sleep. Does anyone know how long it took before side effects of stopping go away. Or what is the best way to ween off Lyrica?

Smile Lyrica Withdrawal

It has been 4 months since taking my last dose of Lyrica. It was a very long fight that I won. There is hope. Unfortunately, we are all like our own little universes. Everyone experiences it differently, and all of us have our own tolerance levels.
    I just (as you might) had to endure it. No sliding into it, no help.....just saying to myself....."I can do this". It does end, keep the faith. The benefits are worth it. I have increased muscle durability, no pregnant belly, no more moon face, my skin is getting back to normal, and my hair has stopped falling out. It took me 7 weeks.
    I won't get my vision back (monocular diplopia), so that is a lasting side effect. I feel better physically, even though I still have the fibromyalgia pain. I would rather have the pain.
    For all of you starting your battle....you are in my prayers. Life does get better after Lyrica.

Side Effects of Lyrica Withdrawal

Look for my posts, and you can see my experiences. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by yvonnety View Post
    It has been 4 months since taking my last dose of Lyrica. It was a very long fight that I won. There is hope. Unfortunately, we are all like our own little universes. Everyone experiences it differently, and all of us have our own tolerance levels.
    I just (as you might) had to endure it. No sliding into it, no help.....just saying to myself....."I can do this". It does end, keep the faith. The benefits are worth it. I have increased muscle durability, no pregnant belly, no more moon face, my skin is getting back to normal, and my hair has stopped falling out. It took me 7 weeks.
    I won't get my vision back (monocular diplopia), so that is a lasting side effect. I feel better physically, even though I still have the fibromyalgia pain. I would rather have the pain.
    For all of you starting your battle....you are in my prayers. Life does get better after Lyrica.
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile Thank you!

I think that every victory over the drug, Lyrica should be celebrated. That you for helping me celebrate.

I I've had a long history of anxiety and panic attacks, the latter not so long. I became a chronic high dose benzodiazapine user in the year 2000. This sufficiently controlled anxiety for the first two years. After that time tolerance issues and other issues with non-prescription drugs led to anxiety barerly under control. In 2001 Neurontin 2400mgs was added by my psychiatrist. Mixed together with benzo's I did not notice much untill I would run out or try to stop. By this time I was so tollerant to my benzo's they offered little reliefe in the withdrawal process. Well with several suicide attemps and several idle threats of it, I was cut off of Benzo's and has my last dose in 2005. This was the longest and hardest ordeal in my life. I went through 3 solid months of agony untill I had my first possitive thought, then It was about another 3 months untill I was mentally and physically well enough to re-join the work force, and begin to feel happy and anxiety free. I took the neurontin about a year and half after stoping benzo's but I kept my dose low, and never escalated my dose in fear of withdrawal. When I was ready I slowely tappered over 3 month, with little difficulty.
    However recently about a year ago I began neurontin again (foolishly) due to some mild anxiety I could have delt with drug free. Since then I found Lyrica, and everytime I start it, my tollerance escalates quickly to were I would take double or triple the prescribed dosage. I got to the point were I would have anxiety and withdrawal symptoms if I just leveled my dose out at the doctors prescribed amount, forget about tappering, that would just drag it out. I attemped to go cold turky on numerous occations; here's my experiences with that. Day 1 wasn't to hard to handle, Day 2 and 3 the symptoms would be at there worst. Sweating, nausia, like the feeling you get before a job interview x 20. Insomnia and what little sleep I got was filled with nightmares. Day 4 sleep improved somewhat no night mares. Still anxiety and sweating , Day 5 anxiety would subside although Id notice if I was phyisicaly working hard or something was stressing me I would have a hard time handling it. The nausia had completely subsided however. So one good note is after the 4 day mark things would be on the upswing. The withdrawal from Lyrica or Neurontin has one advantage over long term benzo withdrawal in that its a matter of weeks not a half a year.
    Now to fast forward to today. Lately I've been on a dose of 1000 to 1500mgs of Lyrica. and supply running out to fast for a long tapper. Now that my body is no longer benzo tollerant I figured a short term one time benzo treatment of Lyrica withdrawal should allow me to quickly go cold turky off of Lyrica. I begged and pleaded with my doctore and in seeing how scared I was agreed to this. He wrote me for a weeks suply with the option to come back next week and get one final week, than thats it. Judging by my experiences with the length of withdrawal this should be enough to clear a majority of the symptoms. Its been 15 hours since my last lyrica and that was only 75mgs, considering I've been taking up to 1500mgs per day. I feel fiine no withdrawal from them what soever, and I've only utilized a small amount of the daily benzo dose I've been given. I find Lyrica withdrawal peaks in the 36 to 48 time range then slowely subsides.

Out of my experiece with addictive and non addictive drugs here a pattern I have noticed. If your wondering how long the majority of the worst withdrawal symptoms will be from a drug that causes withdrawal is by looking at its half life, taking the hours and changing them to days. For instance Lyrica has a half life of 6 hours or so simular to neurontin. In 6 days the worst is far over, though I realize people can have milder lingering symptoms for significantly longer, however was not the case with myself. Take another drug like Klonazepam, the drug I was on for almost 6 years. It has a half life of 24 to 50 hours, ad I can say after 50 days the worst was over even though I had protracted symptoms for less severe for longer. Also chronic dosing leads to a build up in your sytem taking even longer for the drug to complety clear your system. Another fact to support my theory is found in opiat addiction treatment. Withdrawal from short acting opiats compaired to long acting opiates like methadone vs morphine. Morphine withdrawal can usually be accomplished within a week, were chronic methadone users report severe withdrawal symptoms for as much as months latter. There is a new state of art opiat detox available now called rapid opiat detox, and this takes advantage of this principle. The patient is brought in to a hospital administered full anasesia to provide no memory or feeling of withdrawal. Then the opiate blocker nalaxone is administered wich imediately removes all opiates even long half life ones from opiat receptors. This in term makes there half life so to speak like 0, they report by as little as 12 hours they can complete detox without much lingering withdrawal effects.

I I've had a long history of anxiety and panic attacks, the latter not so long. I became a chronic high dose benzodiazapine user in the year 2000. This sufficiently controlled anxiety for the first two years. After that time tolerance issues and other issues with non-prescription drugs led to anxiety barerly under control. In 2001 Neurontin 2400mgs was added by my psychiatrist. Mixed together with benzo's I did not notice much untill I would run out or try to stop. By this time I was so tollerant to my benzo's they offered little reliefe in the withdrawal process. Well with several suicide attemps and several idle threats of it, I was cut off of Benzo's and has my last dose in 2005. This was the longest and hardest ordeal in my life. I went through 3 solid months of agony untill I had my first possitive thought, then It was about another 3 months untill I was mentally and physically well enough to re-join the work force, and begin to feel happy and anxiety free. I took the neurontin about a year and half after stoping benzo's but I kept my dose low, and never escalated my dose in fear of withdrawal. When I was ready I slowely tappered over 3 month, with little difficulty.
    However recently about a year ago I began neurontin again (foolishly) due to some mild anxiety I could have delt with drug free. Since then I found Lyrica, and everytime I start it, my tollerance escalates quickly to were I would take double or triple the prescribed dosage. I got to the point were I would have anxiety and withdrawal symptoms if I just leveled my dose out at the doctors prescribed amount, forget about tappering, that would just drag it out. I attemped to go cold turky on numerous occations; here's my experiences with that. Day 1 wasn't to hard to handle, Day 2 and 3 the symptoms would be at there worst. Sweating, nausia, like the feeling you get before a job interview x 20. Insomnia and what little sleep I got was filled with nightmares. Day 4 sleep improved somewhat no night mares. Still anxiety and sweating , Day 5 anxiety would subside although Id notice if I was phyisicaly working hard or something was stressing me I would have a hard time handling it. The nausia had completely subsided however. So one good note is after the 4 day mark things would be on the upswing. The withdrawal from Lyrica or Neurontin has one advantage over long term benzo withdrawal in that its a matter of weeks not a half a year.
    Now to fast forward to today. Lately I've been on a dose of 1000 to 1500mgs of Lyrica. and supply running out to fast for a long tapper. Now that my body is no longer benzo tollerant I figured a short term one time benzo treatment of Lyrica withdrawal should allow me to quickly go cold turky off of Lyrica. I begged and pleaded with my doctore and in seeing how scared I was agreed to this. He wrote me for a weeks suply with the option to come back next week and get one final week, than thats it. Judging by my experiences with the length of withdrawal this should be enough to clear a majority of the symptoms. Its been 15 hours since my last lyrica and that was only 75mgs, considering I've been taking up to 1500mgs per day. I feel fiine no withdrawal from them what soever, and I've only utilized a small amount of the daily benzo dose I've been given. I find Lyrica withdrawal peaks in the 36 to 48 time range then slowely subsides.

Out of my experiece with addictive and non addictive drugs here a pattern I have noticed. If your wondering how long the majority of the worst withdrawal symptoms will be from a drug that causes withdrawal is by looking at its half life, taking the hours and changing them to days. For instance Lyrica has a half life of 6 hours or so simular to neurontin. In 6 days the worst is far over, though I realize people can have milder lingering symptoms for significantly longer, however was not the case with myself. Take another drug like Klonazepam, the drug I was on for almost 6 years. It has a half life of 24 to 50 hours, ad I can say after 50 days the worst was over even though I had protracted symptoms for less severe for longer. Also chronic dosing leads to a build up in your sytem taking even longer for the drug to complety clear your system. Another fact to support my theory is found in opiat addiction treatment. Withdrawal from short acting opiats compaired to long acting opiates like methadone vs morphine. Morphine withdrawal can usually be accomplished within a week, were chronic methadone users report severe withdrawal symptoms for as much as months latter. There is a new state of art opiat detox available now called rapid opiat detox, and this takes advantage of this principle. The patient is brought in to a hospital administered full anasesia to provide no memory or feeling of withdrawal. Then the opiate blocker nalaxone is administered wich imediately removes all opiates even long half life ones from opiat receptors. This in term makes there half life so to speak like 0, they report by as little as 12 hours they can complete detox without much lingering withdrawal effects.