Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Anyone withdrawal from Neurontin or Lyrica?

So far today I have not had a migraine, but i woke up queasy. I sure hope its getting out of my system. How long does it take to fully get out of your system?(lyrica) My sister has told me that Sam E was good for fibromyalgia, I think I will try that, guess that would be more safer than presciption drugs.

I am having the same symtoms you are! I came off lyrica too fast, not on purpose, I was taking 75mg 3x a day. So i went to 2x day but after a few days I forgot to take the 2nd one 2 nights in a row, then forgot the morning pill. That stuff had me so scatterbrained! I have major headaches,nausea,hot flashes, my head feels swimmy! Is it ener gonna end?

I have a spinal injury and was given Neurontin (which one of it's side effects was to ease back) pain. I don't remember the dosage but took it twice a day for 2 years maybe longer. I was also on several other drugs which can cause withdrawals, Dr. advised me that I should be hospitalized to get off the drugs. I pleaded with him to help me do it at home and promised to go to the hospital if need be, he finally agreed as my sister was dying of cancer and I was her care taker. At the time Neurontin was not supposed to have withdrawal problems (1998) so we left that for the last one. I breezed through percocet, klonopin, valium, and not sure of the other meds, finally time for neurontin we slowly reduced the doses of all meds. But neurontin was by far the worst, felt like those shows that have herione users detoxing, it was miserable! I will never use that drug again. I still have severe nerve pain and have just had my 4th low back surgery. Pain clinic's refuse me because I will not try neurontin again even after explaining my ordeal with it, this was after all other try's to ease the pain failed. Be careful if you use it please! I know everyone's body reacts different to different things but do your research first. Total time to withdraw from all meds. was almost 4 months, with neurontin taking 6 to 8 weeks of that time. Good luck to all. I am back on percocet double the dose from before but only take it when I really need it, 1 to 3 per day.

Vision issues?

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, I'd like to read the thread but I can't freakin see. Anyone else have vision blurring/double vision coming off of lyrica? I was at 300mg, now 100mg one day, 150mg the next. My vision has gotten progressively worse and I have a burning rash on my face. I read something about splotchiness and I'm well aware of the itching but the face rash and vision issues could also be from lamictal, though I haven't altered the dose of that in more than a year. Anyone?? I want to know because if it's from lamictal it could be permanent.

Neurontin is tough to get off of without side effects. Was taking 1600mg for 5 years. I started weaning 100mg a day rotating every 3 days between morning and afternoon dose. When i got down to only 100mg for those 2 doses I started working on the 800mg dose i was taking at night. I went down 50mg every 2 or 3 nights. I had 800mg tablets from the dr. that i cut down into 50mg. The capsule are all powder(at least the generic).Definitely needed ambien to sleep. After awhile the weaning wasnt as bad but at first the nervousness and headaches were there. Tough drug. My dad is a pharmacist and what they tell you to do is different from the doctors. You need to wean slow only 10% every few days until you feel normal then go again.

I took it for 10 years and winged off for 3 days and started another drug and had no problem. I took 800mgs 4x aday
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

Hello

I was on 600mg of Lyrica for a little over a year for head pain after an injury. I successfully weaned myself off of this drug exactly two months ago. Most of the withdrawal symptoms are gone, but the most difficult one remains: the horrible, crushing depression. I've had bouts of depression before, but never this severe. This depression started on my second complete day off of Lyrica and has not lifted once. I've been put on antidepressants (Mirtazapine) and have been taking a lot of exercise but the depression just stays. I'm really feeling hopeless and wondering if this is ever going to lift. Has anyone else had this problem coming off for Lyrica and how long did it last for?

Thank you for any replies and advice

I stopped slowly (as I posted above) and this was done with my Dr.'s approval. I'm just wondering how long this will last, or how long the depression caused by Lyrica withdrawal will last.

I've been off for about 10 weeks now and still no sign of the depression abating..

Hello everyone...Im new here and found this site searching the web on Lyrica withdraw. I have been on Lyrica over 3 years taking 225mg 2x a day. I want to thank everyone here for helping me finally getting off Lyrica. I read the posts and saw alot of you took it slowly and reduced your dosage. It took me over 4 months to finally lower my dosage down to 50mg 1 a day and then I started to skip days. I am finally free from this medicine.

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Quote Originally Posted by truff View Post
    hello everyone...im new here and found this site searching the web on lyrica withdraw. I have been on lyrica over 3 years taking 225mg 2x a day. I want to thank everyone here for helping me finally getting off lyrica. I read the posts and saw alot of you took it slowly and reduced your dosage. It took me over 4 months to finally lower my dosage down to 50mg 1 a day and then i started to skip days. I am finally free from this medicine.

Hope everyone is doing well today!
    good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!