Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Anyone withdrawal from Neurontin or Lyrica?

Quote Originally Posted by Regine View Post
    My former pain doc got me on 300mg Lyrica x2 a day years ago. One day I got suspicious that it actually didn't do much for my nerv pain. I decreased this amount extremely slowly, because if I went too fast I got major withdrawal symptoms. I am finally at 25 mg every second day, planning on staying there for a while, then take one every 3rd day and so on untill I won't take it at all. Result: not any more pain with 12.5mg a day than with 600mg a day. And right now no withdrawal symptoms.
    How long are you holding between cuts? I'm at 12.5mg myself and thinking of just dropping it already...

Sometimes I stay there for a couple of months, because if I go faster the pain increases as a withdrawal symptom. Do you also take 25 mg every other day? Or how do you get 12.5 mg? I've done this now for about 2 months and want to switch to 25 mg every third day next week. And maybe stop taking it at all after a few weeks.

Thank God I found this site and you people. I am in the process of withdrawing from Lyrica and it has all but destroyed my psyche. I can't sleep. I'm nauseous. I feel as though I am about to crawl out of my skin. The lyrica depressed me so I'm also trying to bounce back from that. All I do is cry and twitch and pray for this to end before I take matters into my own hands and end it myself. I honestly don't know what to do or where to turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Regine View Post
    Sometimes I stay there for a couple of months, because if I go faster the pain increases as a withdrawal symptom. Do you also take 25 mg every other day? Or how do you get 12.5 mg? I've done this now for about 2 months and want to switch to 25 mg every third day next week. And maybe stop taking it at all after a few weeks.
    Hi Regine, I open the capsule and remove half of the powder and put back inside the other half. If your method is working for you, I wouldn't change a thing.

I've been having a hard time lately so I'm going to up my dose to about 19mg again and then resume my taper much slower...I went through Valium withdrawal and this is worse...pure evil.

Regards,

Edgar

Question sherryl

I am glad to finally have a place I can go to to talk about my issues with these meds. and my attempt to withdraw from them.
    I have had neuropathic pain from cervical stenosis for 6-7yr's now. When I was first prescribed lyrica 4 years ago I thought I finally had the answers to living a life of chronic pain that left me with thoughts of suicide as my only hope. I did not however realize that the side effects I also experienced have been linked to my lyrica use. Yes the Lyrica did wonders for my pain but I also had anxiety, depression, pins and needles feeling in my feet and hands, sleeplessness, insomnia, nausea, moodswings, just plain bitchiness. All this at intervals differing as to what dose I was attempting to change to or from.

Now I am on neurontin and attempting to withdraw from it. I feel awfull!
    Headaches, nausea, insomnia, anxiety. I just feel like I am going to crawl out of my skin.
    I have been getting some new treatments for my pain but I don't know if I can hold out feeling like this long enough to see if they are working.
    Until I started reading some of your stories I thought I was going nuts.
    I can't tolerate even writing any longer. I am now on 1200 mg a day and can't seem to get below this mark without such severe discomfort from what I now believe are withdrawls. Any suggestions anyone?

watch what you are doing

Hey heavens butterfly02
    watch what your doing and everyone else who is taking nerotin i here everyone talking about side effects from it and other drugs like it like lyrica the worste side effect which acctually is more common then you think a girl in my area that i know just suffered from it i told her to stop what she was doing cause she was stopping taking it and shewas lowering it 500-600 aweek she was on 900mg 4 times a day like me of nerotin which your only supposed to remove 100mgs. a week but thats every dose you can remove it so 900mgs. goes to 800 and so on well she fell into a coma 2 years ago and has not woken uo since so watch how much you take off and to what your trying to do it works but you cant do it the way your talking about 1 week on each drug cause the safe way of taking nerotin is every week you can up it 100-300mgs 4x a day till you get to 900mgs 4x a day so it would take you 3-9 weeks to get to the right dose then you and your week in thier then another 3-9weeks to safely get off nerotin or rsk falling into a coma and if your doctor doesn't tell you this thats malpractice so you can not do your week on one and a week on the other sorry and insurance wont pay for it that way unless you liad to them and just said you were taking both at the same time but i would not advise that

Exclamation Migraine

I was prescribed lyrica for my fibromyalgia. 75 mg 3x a day. Well it has made me scatterbrained! I forget what Im doing and sometimes cant remember things, Its awful! So I started weaning myself off of it. For 2 days now I havent had any and I have major migraine headaches! From temple to temple. I sure hope they go away soon. I have noticed my appetite has slowed down already, glad of that!

I was on 1800mg of neurotin a day for my fibro before i was switched to lyrica, i never had any side effects from neurotin except increased appetite. it worked a while for my pain then it stopped helping. Lyrica is awful! It feels good to read other peoples issues with these crazy meds! God bless!

I have never had any problem getting off any of the neuro meds and I have been on high dosages. I just wing off about a week and go to the next one. I was on Neurotin for 10 years. 600mgs 4 x a day
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

But let me say that I might just have been lucky because they are serious drugs and what works for one might not work for others and I do believe weaning off slowly is the correct way to do it.
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison