Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stem Cell Research Forum

optic nerve regeneration

All of the most recent research on optic nerve regeneration has been 2001-2002 vintage, limited to initial U. Mass. studies etc. Over the past five years are we any where closer to regenerating and/or repairing optic nerve cells lost to Glaucoma? Has nanotechnology/stem cell research caught up with helping to correct vision loss due to optic disc neuropathy?

Kind regards

opticnerve

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannine in NH
    If anyone is interested in reading about people who have received umbilical cord stem cells and adult stem cells, please join us at http://www.stemcellpioneers.com

I received umbilical cord stem cells in Mexico on April 5, 2007 for COPD. I have noticed improvements in my condition - not a cure but definitely improved about 50% in 3 months so far. We are simply trying to spread the word about stem cell transplants.
    I support your cause and I think it's great what you are doing, but it's a shame that it's so difficult to make progress because our current administration has stopped so much research and been so against all stem cell research that it's set us back many years. I am glad to hear of your condition improving though. It's great hope for the future.
    Celebrate the moment

TED Stockings

I plan to go in Moscow on the "neuro vita clinic" ...do anyone knew about this clinic ...

there have been many studies recently using adult stem cells, and it looks promising. it is too bad it has been set back so many years, but science is finding a way around politics.

I am interested in any studies done or trials for neuropathy. Anyone out there that can help?

Below is Dr. Youngs original post in regards to this forums content. Just a reminder.

Thanks

Wildwilly

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    This forum is for posing of scientific articles from journals and discussion of the articles. Please post news and other discussion articles about stem cells either to the Cure Forum (if you think that it is relevant to the cure) or to the Health & Science News forum (if you think that is is no relevant to the cure). I just moved a bunch of news articles and other commentary to the Cure forum. Thank you very much.

Wise.
    “As the cast of villains in SCI is vast and collaborative, so too must be the chorus of hero's that rise to meet them” Ramer et al 2005

Quote Originally Posted by NEWPARA View Post
    That sounds very intresting!Im suprized this forum dosnt have very many post.Im getting the feeling alot of memberes have gave up on a cure for sci?Please tell me Im wrong.I personaly feel a cure is very close,and Im planing on walking agin soon!
    Hi Newpara,

I think that this is the most positive forum for issues of cure. I belong to two others, and scathing cynicism to apathy appears to be the norm. I can sympathise with this, as historically, the ground covered in SCI research has seemed pretty small compared to some other medical advancements. I think we all have our own ways of dealing with it. In fact, some paralised, tend to over compensate.

No one should give up the hope of beating this scourge, and I suspect the folks who may over compensate have the same wish.

i wonder why there is no posts here last year. hope at least by this year we can get some good new from dr.wise young.

Quote Originally Posted by karthik View Post
    i wonder why there is no posts here last year. hope at least by this year we can get some good new from dr.wise young.
    This thread is not where research is posted or discussed, nor is it for posting questions like this. Look elsewhere on this and other forums for many recent research updates and discussions on the Cure forum. This forum is for posting information about research from the literature.

(KLD)