Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Am I the only one...?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    354

    Unhappy Am I the only one...?

    Hi everyone,

    I'm just curious. Am I the only one who is tired-down-frustrated-desperate... to see all those news about cure everywhere around the world but still nothing real so far for us who are waiting for cure for more than 10 years?
    I believed for a long time that cure will come for me but today I'm giving up on this
    It's sad but after 14 years post quad c4, it's tough to keep spirit on hi-level.
    One day at a time til...

    Sorry for my negative comment

    Steve

  2. #2
    Senior Member DA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    beaumont tx usa
    Posts
    32,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Hi everyone,

    I'm just curious. Am I the only one who is tired-down-frustrated-desperate... to see all those news about cure everywhere around the world but still nothing real so far for us who are waiting for cure for more than 10 years?
    I believed for a long time that cure will come for me but today I'm giving up on this
    It's sad but after 14 years post quad c4, it's tough to keep spirit on hi-level.
    One day at a time til...

    Sorry for my negative comment

    Steve
    ofcourse not your not the only one. everyday we suffer from more frustration and pain than an AB does all year. we could have been cured long ago but for the myth so popular among polticans, scientist, and the general population that sci equates to happy jolly life. hang in there. later this year i will be making my 20th year at c4-c5. the goodnews is you will not have to make your 20th.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Schmeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    West Monroe, LA, USA
    Posts
    3,415
    Quote Originally Posted by DA
    the goodnews is you will not have to make your 20th.
    If this were the case, that would mean effective chronic therapies would be solidly in late Phase I, early Phase II clinical trials.

    No offense DA, but your predictions in the past ain't been in the ball park.
    Last edited by Schmeky; 03-11-2006 at 08:24 PM.

  4. #4
    i am only1year 7months post and i am so depress sitting in this chair.i wonder how you guys have done 20years plus and are still positive about a cure.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Media, PA
    Posts
    1,560
    I hear yea. I'm burned out myself!

  6. #6
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    I had to severely lower the expectations over 20yrs .. not going to walk. Hope to have bladder/bowel or maybe some sensation return.

    I think of how that would improve my life today.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DA
    ofcourse not your not the only one. everyday we suffer from more frustration and pain than an AB does all year. we could have been cured long ago but for the myth so popular among polticans, scientist, and the general population that sci equates to happy jolly life. hang in there. later this year i will be making my 20th year at c4-c5. the goodnews is you will not have to make your 20th.
    DA,

    you are great, this site definitly needs you!

  8. #8
    Senior Member DA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    beaumont tx usa
    Posts
    32,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    If this were the case, that would mean effective chronic therapies would be solidly in late Phase I, early Phase II clinical trials.

    No offense DA, but your predictions in that past ain't been in the ball park.
    my predictions were based on the science. the science of a cure for sci says a basic cure exist. that means therapies that would allow a c4 complete quad to kick his foot or wiggle a toe. the delays is nothing more than money; insurance money, hospital money, material money, etc etc... remember, they don't treat sci the same as cancer. we have 10 times more paper work and need 10 times more money and 10 times more "get off your ass" convincing resulting in 10 times more delays.

  9. #9
    We are injured in wrong time, maybe in 20 years SCI people have more luck.

  10. #10
    What RRREEEAAAAALYYYY upsets me are researchers who say they have come up with a cure or partial cure, only to be found out as fraud. Now, here is everyone all expecting something, and excited, and looking into the "new rerearch" only to find out that the data has been faulsified!!! That is a genuine gut wrencher! What kind of pig (remember that Korean scientist that was charged with fraud, saying he had found eveidence that a cure was coming really soon) would mess with people like that.

    Honestly, its bad enough to have to deal with the injuries and all, but to be given false hope, and be lied to is worse, far worse. Its like you have real hope then someone punches you right in the gut!!
    Disability is not a medical problem with social issues, but rather a social problem with medical issues.
    Franklin D. Rosevelt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •