Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here are the interviews done by Kim from Brown

Here are the interviews done by Kim from Brown

http://biomed.brown.edu/Courses/BI10...treatments.htm

The Website looks pretty good, very interesting and informative. Click on "Interviews" on the left side of the page.

Curtis

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Curtis, there is one of your reponses in the interview I have to comment about.When asked about pain you responded with "It's a way of life with SCI." I have to disagree with that. In my 18 years of being injured I have never had problems with pain like some other SCI's. No back, butt, or "phantom tingles" if you will. Your statement was very broad and put every SCI in that category. It simply isn't true. I'm sincerely not trying to be arguementative, just wanted to point that out. It may be a way of life to you, but it isn't to every SCI. Just be sensitive of that.

LindsayS maybe you should more sensitive to the fact Curtis's statement far more true than not.

LIVE IT UP AND LIVE IT LARGE!!!!

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/ubb/graemlins/bannana.gif

Originally posted by LindsayS:

I'm sincerely not trying to be arguementative
    That's funny.

AND it's "argumentative".

She didn't sound insensitive at all to me, she was just pointing out that not everyone has these pains.

Curtis-
    What injury level was the guy who would give 15 years to be "healthy"? That Brown student must not know that that is a vital piece of info!

You'd better get a big gun 'cause I'm not dead yet."
    ---The Bad Examples

Originally posted by X-racer...:

LindsayS maybe you should more sensitive to the fact Curtis's statement far more true than not.

LIVE IT UP AND LIVE IT LARGE!!!!

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/ubb/graemlins/bannana.gif

I didn't say it wasn't true. I know there are many SCIs out there who deal w/ pain everyday. But then again, there are many who don't. I am one of them. I didn't like being lumped into the "everyone with SCI has pain" group. It gave this student that exact impression. It's misleading.

Thanks for understanding my post Nate. I wasn't trying to be insensitive, just making a small point.

People I was not and am not trying to start any kind of arguement. Just made a comment. Last time I checked I was permitted to do that on this board. Plus, I have nothing against Curtis. He's a great guy and I have no problem with him.

I agree that this is a good web site, especially considering the short time over which this was accomplished. Wise.