Thread: 2006 Rare Neuroimmunologic Disorders Symposium

2006 Rare Neuroimmunologic Disorders Symposium

http://www.myelitis.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1312

It's that time again! If you have TM, Devics, ADEM, MS, optic neuritis or even, ahem, a spinal infarct this symposium sponsored by Johns Hopkins University is not to be missed. Bring your doctor as CMEs are awarded (updates their medical knowledge credits). Definetely bring the spouse or kid or parent that needs to understand why no other doc understands what is going on with you.

And it is a wonderful time to meet people who actually DO know how you feel. I'll be there! And there are chepaer places to stay as the place is near light rail. Just the hotel deal does include many meals and you'll love the Inner Harbor.

I live just south of Baltimore so feel free to ask questions here or at the TMA site as they have already staged 2 in Baltimore and many members attend.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

http://www.myelitis.org/rnds2006/index.htm

The final agendas are in and I'll be attending the clinical side of the symposium. Anyone else going? Dr Douglas Kerr will be there to speak about clinical trials for the non-traumatic injuries among us.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I am going to talk with my family about going. I will let you know. anty
    Be always determined in Life and Love

Remember that the hotel is near the Camden Yards light rail station if you want to stay at a different, cheaper hotel. But being near the Inner Harbor is great if you bring kids. Water Taxis, The Science Center, IMAX Theater and Kid Factory all right there. And a safe area day and night.

All the videos presentations from the July 2006 Rare Neuroimmunologic Disorders Symposium are now available online at not cost. A broadband connection with 500+ Kbps is recommended. Presentations can also be purchased on dvd.

http://myelitis.org/rnds2006/

The 2006 International Rare Neuroimmunologic Disorders Symposium was jointly sponsored by The Transverse Myelitis Association and Johns Hopkins Project Restore.

Many topics will be of interest to those with any type of spinal injury or disease. Topics include:
    Principles of Rehabilitation: Overview
    Patient-Centered Care: The Role of Self-Management
    Depression and Cognitive Dysfunction
    Medical Approach to Neuropathic Pain and Paresthesias
    Interventional Approach to Neuropathic Pain
    Bladder Management
    Bowel Management
    Spasticity Management
    Transition in Adolescents with Disabilities
    The Impact of Power Assist Wheelchairs on Quality of Life
    Novel Neuroprotective Therapies
    Bone Marrow Transplantation in MS
    Neurorestorative Princples of Rehabilitation
    Stem Cells and Neurogenesis

Jim Lubin
    Information Technology Director
    Transverse Myelitis Association
    http://www.myelitis.org
    http://www.myelitis.org/HowToHelp

Thanks Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Thanks Jim.
    Ditto! For those with some of the rarer conditions the research side may help you with questions to ask your neurologist or physiatrist that remain unanswered here.

And yes, that really is a much more debonior looking Sandy Siegel up there speaking.

Again, thanks Jim for the work putting everything together in the new format.