Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Christopher Reeve Paralysis Act and W2W Rally in Washington

Senator Cantwell

I wrote to Senator Cantwell tonight. A brief of my son Michael's story and asked for her support of CRPA. It was easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Cantwell needs to be encouraged.

I emailed Sen. Cantwell friday after Bethany alerted me that she was NOT a co-sponsor. I haven't heard back from her yet. I'll post as soon as I get a response.

If she has not re-upped, I think I'll write some letters that others can send: my voting age daughters, son-in-law, good friends, other relatives. Then they can just cut and paste and hit send! I have in the past sent the link from CRF to others, but I don't believe anyone has acted on it. I think a more personal approach will work.

How do you email a legislator if you are not in their district? I tried this before, but before I could email, I was asked my address, then referred elsewhere.

Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by Sally's Mom
    How do you email a legislator if you are not in their district? I tried this before, but before I could email, I was asked my address, then referred elsewhere.

Sandi
    You find out which zip code is theirs (check the address for their district office) and use that.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

out of district senators

www. type in senators name.. pick e-mail... pick subject... write in info, I don't know if this works for house reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally's Mom
    I emailed Sen. Cantwell friday after Bethany alerted me that she was NOT a co-sponsor. I haven't heard back from her yet. I'll post as soon as I get a response.

If she has not re-upped, I think I'll write some letters that others can send: my voting age daughters, son-in-law, good friends, other relatives. Then they can just cut and paste and hit send! I have in the past sent the link from CRF to others, but I don't believe anyone has acted on it. I think a more personal approach will work.

Sandi
    Last edited by mckeownp; 03-13-2006 at 09:33 PM.

All my NJ guys are on board.

If I take my power chair and take the train to DC.

How do I get my PW to the Radisson?

Joe
    And the truth shall set you free.

"PW", Joe?

Joe, From DC you take the Metro to Crystal City Radison. Is PW= Power wheelchair? At Crystal City you can probably get a cab or van from the Metro.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Yay Joe's back in service!

Airports to Crystal City

CRYSTAL CITY HOTELS
    ARLINGTON, VA 22202
    METRO STOP: CRYSTAL CITY

By Air
    Three major airports serve the Washington, D.C. area: Reagan National (DCA), Dulles International (IAD), and
    Baltimore/Washington International (BWI). The most convenient airport to the city is Reagan National, located approximately 2 miles from the headquarter hotel in Arlington, VA. Dulles airport is located approximately 25 miles from the hotel, and BWI airport is located approximately 45 miles from the hotel. When making arrangements, be sure to check the airfare prices to all three airports since costs may vary significantly.

The Washington area is also served by a variety of ground transportation options at each airport. Below is a listing of several options for traveling from the airport to the hotel. Fares shown are approximate one-way, one person.

**When making airport-to-hotel transportation arrangements, verify that they will accept your payment method!

Taxi:

From BWI—The BWI Taxi stand is located just outside of the baggage claim area of the Lower Level of the BWI Airport Terminal. If you require a wheelchair van they suggest that you phone ahead (410-859-1100) to assure availability. Approximate rate to Crystal City is $65.00.

From National—Virginia taxicabs are available at the exits of each terminal. Dispatchers are available at the exits to assist passengers. Approx. rate $15.00.
    From Dulles—
    Washington Flyer Taxicabs:
    No taxi reservation is required. Simply come to the "Taxi Passengers" area on the lower level of the Main Terminal, where a Taxicab
    Dispatcher is on duty 24 hours a day. Wheelchair-accessible minibuses can accommodate one person in his/her wheelchair plus three additional passengers. Approximate rates from Dulles to Crystal City...$40.00.

Shuttle:
    Supershuttle (1-800-259-3826). Disabled travellers also see www.supershuttle.com/htm/ada.htm
    (Disabled SuperShuttle). Reserve in advance-specify wheelchair accessibility. Ask where to meet shuttle.
    From BWI—$37.00
    From National—$8.00
    From Dulles—$22.00

Metro:
    From BWI—not available
    From National—Up to $2.85
    From Dulles—not available

Reagan Airport Metro:
    Reagan airport Metro stations are adjacent to Terminals B and C. Farecard plaza for disabled and other passengers using elevators, is under the Metrorail platform, midway between the north and south mezzanines.
    Metro route-Reagan Airport to Crystal City
    Take yellow line train towards Mt. Vernon Sq. or blue line train towards Largo Town Center. Exit at next stop-Crystal City Station.

By Train:
    Amtrak service is available into Washington, D.C., via Union Station. Amtrak is a convenient option for many people who will be traveling from various points along the East Coast. To make Amtrak reservations, call 1-800-USA-RAIL or visit www.amtrak.com.

Union Station to Crystal City by Metro:
    Red Line to Gallery Place-Chinatown station. Change to Yellow Line, stop is Crystal City.

By Car:
    Rental cars are available at all three regional airports.

Radisson = 2 blocks from Crystal City Metro