Thread: Help with fes bike~

Help with fes bike~

anyone have any ideas or input about a stim bike that all systems say go and does stim but doesn't stim at a level that was used with two other bikes (setting at 12-15 was enough, now it's 35)of the same type and as well, won't stim quick enough in between to keep going, meaning it's warm up and then once he can't peddle on his own after a minute or two, it goes into cool down?
    Hope I make sense with this~ T.
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Quote Originally Posted by teesieme
    anyone have any ideas or input about a stim bike that all systems say go and does stim but doesn't stim at a level that was used with two other bikes (setting at 12-15 was enough, now it's 35)of the same type and as well, won't stim quick enough in between to keep going, meaning it's warm up and then once he can't peddle on his own after a minute or two, it goes into cool down?
    Hope I make sense with this~ T.

Try rephrasing, I might be able to help but I'm confused what you're asking for
    Josh Basile

www.determined2heal.org

"Hope is the drug that keeps me steady"

I know, I confuse me too! It just might be the pads after all it would seem and hairy legs?! (not mine, mind you~) but the "zap" wasn't coming quick enough to keep things going, it basically went from the warm up 2 minutes to the cool down phase, very little pedaling time inbetween. And the setting needed to get some stim is so much higher than what it was through the use of a few other bikes that are the same bike.
    From what I gathered tonight, the kid said he got it to work better. I don't understand these things that well as you know from the other posting of. BTW, in the other post it was mentioned a person doesn't have to "hand-crank" these bikes to get started right?
    Thanks determined for asking, I knew I could count on you once you saw my thread. ~ T.
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

I'm still confused, I want to help, but I'm not sure how to answer a question that is so open-ended. Please get a little more specific.
    Josh Basile

www.determined2heal.org

Red face

It's okay determined, I am just not good at explaining things when it comes to the bike but I guess he's got it working now. I will tell him to write to ya here if he has any questions or concerns still, k? Sorry, thank you for caring though. Take care~ T.

anytime
    Josh Basile

www.determined2heal.org

tesieme, we have seen using the Ergis-II ,at Next-Steps Chicago, that if the bike's rpm drops below 35 the bike will transfer over to cool down mode and the work out session will end. One trick you may try is to monitor the rpm and when it starts to fall below 36 rpm you can assist the rider by hand turning the pedals at a speed that will turn off the stim. This will occur at a speed 50 rmp and over. If you assist in this manner for approximatly two minutes, you can then slowly decrease the rpm to around 40 to 45 rmp and the e-stim will again take over the work. This will provide the rider with two or three times the work out session, allowing the legs to cool down a little between stims cycles. After two or three weeks you should see a big improvement in strength and endurance. One of the key factors is to use the bike 3 or more times a week and run 4 or more miles per session. Once a week may not be enough to show improvement. Good luck.

Thank you so much to both EAA and determined, I will offer the assistance as you suggested. Take care~ Teresa