Thread: dizzy

dizzy

Dr young
    Hi its Darryl just wondering if you can help me with a problem.
    Over the last month or so ive been getting realy bad dizzy spells i keep my self very fit eat well and keep up my fluids.
    The past 2 weeks if i push any more than a mile i nearly pass out and latley even sitting on the lounge chair i can get spinny for no reason.ive had just about every test you can have and it all looks ok.
    Ithought it may be somthing to do with my injury can you suggest anything
    regards Darryl

Do you check your blood pressure during your dizzy spells? If it's low, that's related to your injury and there are medications that you can take. If it's not low when you're spinny, it's some other cause of dizzyness (similar to that in people without spinal cord injury) and you need to check in with your doctor.

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by ehu48003@bigpond.net.au
    Dr young
    Hi its Darryl just wondering if you can help me with a problem.
    Over the last month or so ive been getting realy bad dizzy spells i keep my self very fit eat well and keep up my fluids.
    The past 2 weeks if i push any more than a mile i nearly pass out and latley even sitting on the lounge chair i can get spinny for no reason.ive had just about every test you can have and it all looks ok.
    Ithought it may be somthing to do with my injury can you suggest anything
    regards Darryl
    As RAB suggested, the most likely cause and thing that you need to rule out is low blood pressure. Do you know what your normal blood pressure is?

If your blood pressure is okay, you need to investigate problems such as ear problems. The presence of an ear infection or fluid in the inner ear can cause the spinning sensation as well. You need to see a doctor who can check out your ear. Wise.