Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: frog legs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

frog legs

Hi all!

Is anybody familiar with froglegs? pros/cons? Im just trying to make sure the vendor is selling me descent equipment. Cheers

d

I have been using them for several years now and like them. They make my ride smooher and the cracks in the sidewalk do not stop my chair and send my flying as much with them as they did without.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

they help spasms too.. the absorb a lot of shock.. I would def get them..

i didn't like the frog legs when i demo-ed them. I still think they're really cool, but i wheel pretty aggressively and found that the kickback on the shock absorbtion occured at inopportune times and nearly shot my out of my chair. especially if the castors got stuck on a big crack in the sidewalk, i wasn't fond of the way the suspension worked.

i know lots of people who love the frog legs tho, so i dunno.
    'hope this helps.

Thumbs down Frof legs no good...

in my opinion. Unless you have a tremendous amount of spasms, then they probably are great. I on the otherhand think they are a waste of money.

They have to much give to them. Every little crack you encounter in a sidewalk or other surface it seems they absorb the shock so much it's almost like they are collapsing.

It stops your forward momentum tremendously.

I will never get frog legs again. Regular fork legs w/ a 3 inch caster work really well, seems to have a smoother roll to me. -Ed-
    Last edited by nick; 03-05-2006 at 06:53 PM.

Thumbs up

I have them on both my chairs and like them alot.

I have them, seem like a good idea to me. I like the idea of some give on a caster verses a solid ride, seems it would reduce the small caster wheels getting hung up on a bump and stopping the chair (and the fun results of that happening).

I have broken the caster bracket with them and without them I don't really notice a difference with or without them.They cost around $300.00 so if you are paying out of pocket I would not get them.

Mike T12
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Thank you everybody for your replies . I am gonna go ahead and get them. My spasms arent too bad, but if i dont like them I will just put my standard ones back on. cheers

d

I have a set on my old gpv I don't need. If they are interchangable I can sell them way cheaper than new and save you a bundle.
    Death and taxes