Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can I see your bathroom ???

My wife and I designed it ourselves.

Riz
    C-5 incomplete

Is the rehab not going to do a home study of your house to help guide you guys through this process? People from my rehab came to my home with me and my family before I was discharged and made recomendations and saftely tips for what I needed to be functional. This seems neglecful on the part of the rehab to send you guys home without this, or to even give you some layouts and plans. Try talking to the OT department about this.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

my parents made this for me at their house
    Josh S.
    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

Every day I get on this site I hit myself over the head for not finding it sooner. This would have made everything so much easier a couple of years back. I am not going to start redoing my bathroom right now, but these ideas certainly make me want to.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

They said they would come out, but I have people ready to work now so I wanted to kind of get started. Mike should be home the 18th and so we need a bit of time to complete a project like that. I think I am just going to extend the shower out, tile it all around, and have a big curtain with bars??
    How high up should the toilet be?

Riz, how do you get underneath your bathroom sink, I mean... to get close to the sink to brush your teeth etc. Thanks!

some here like raised toilets, others hate them. Dunno, that's something he shoudl be involved in deciding, maybe?

I use a manual chair and we set the cabinet back just far enough for me to get in and reach the faucets. It works fine for me.

Riz
    C-5 incomplete