Thread: Who should he see?

Who should he see?

A college aged student of mine said he missed class because when he woke up this morning he could not walk. He said his legs were numb, and they were too weak to walk on. In the afternoon he felt fine. He also mentioned this happened once before a few years ago.

I told him he should see a doctor ASAP, and not to slack on this. I feel quite concerned. What should he have tested?

i would think he should go to a neurologist asap
    cauda equina

This had happened to me slowly with my legs then 1 morning in 10 minutes i was a c-5 c-6 complete. I have transverse mylitis. HE should see a nero DR. and have a MRI done. I hope all is well with your friend.
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrrronnn
    A college aged student of mine said he missed class because when he woke up this morning he could not walk. He said his legs were numb, and they were too weak to walk on. In the afternoon he felt fine. He also mentioned this happened once before a few years ago.

I told him he should see a doctor ASAP, and not to slack on this. I feel quite concerned. What should he have tested?
    If he needs a referrel send him straight to the ER. If it's a disc probelm instead of TM then he won the lottery. I just don't think so. This sounds like a warning of TM. If he can go to any doctor the nearest hospital with an MS Center will recognize TM or other rare spinal disorders.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.