Thread: Xtender tires & tubes

Xtender tires & tubes

Has anyone tried changing tires & tubes on Quickie Xtender power-assist wheels? How the devil does one do it without wrecking the torque-sensitive handrims (which appear to be rather delicate), not to mention the motor?

(When changing tires & tubes on my present Q2 manual, I lay the wheel on its handrim and then go at the tire with plastic tire irons. It's fairly easy, but does put a lot of pressure on the handrim.) - fw
    Last edited by firewheels; 02-28-2006 at 02:15 PM.

I don't know of anyone that has tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sirko
    I don't know of anyone that has tried [to change Xtender tires or tubes].
    Well, what the devil - Do users have to return the wheel to Sunrise to change a tire? That would be a BIG disadvantage... - fw

My apologies firewheel. I think next time I get some caffeine before I post. I completely misunderstood. It's been long day.

I would say take them to a bike shop or DME that can replace tires without putting alot of pressure on the rim. In my experience most that have bought extenders from us have purchased solid inserts and haven't needed to replace them. But I'm sure with time they will.

Again my apologies...I must go get some caffiene. I hope all is well. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sirko
    My apologies firewheel. I think next time I get some caffeine before I post. [...]I would say take them to a bike shop or DME that can replace tires without putting alot of pressure on the rim.
    Thanks, interesting. If a DME shop can do it, I 'spose I can learn to do it too. Will check with Sunrise tech people. I'm off to other things now. Enjoy the java... - fw