Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ Handicapped parking

NJ Handicapped parking

The local news WCBS_TV did a story @ NJ legislature wanting to put a bill through to let pregnant women park in handicap spaces.

I am trying to find out what idiot proposed this idea so I may write a letter. Has anyone heard of this?

I have not heard of this but to equate being pregnant with being handicapped is ludicrous...and infuriating.

Why not? It seems that everyone is eligible for HC parking in NJ. I was there last week. Couldn't believe what I saw! Sunday afternoon at Shop Rite, nearly 50% of HC access zone were used for parking. I talked with the idiot parked next to me, just to let them know that it was NOT a parking slot. She said that she had a permit, and that I should be happy that she left enough room for my WC! So what is the criteria for HC permits in NJ, does low IQ and belligerent attitude qualify?

Quote Originally Posted by SoFla
    So what is the criteria for HC permits in NJ, does low IQ and belligerent attitude qualify?
    it's everywhere and a huge prob. here too...

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

I heard this discussed on the radio. They do not want it to blanket cover all pregnant woman, just the ones that are having a rough time carrying. But how do you enforce that?

BTW, just yesterday a fireman parked in a handicapped spot at a 711 and I told him it was for handicapped parking, he gave me the finger
    Last edited by bigbob; 03-04-2006 at 09:06 AM.
    Don't ignore the Reeve Legacy, Remember he and Dana supported open research and fought hard for ESCR

StemCellBattles

Support H.R. 810

I wonder how people here who have been pregnant feel about this. I noticed in the breastfeeding thread, the majority of those put off and horrified by the offending parent were people who had never breastfed.
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

Hey, some women require bed rest for parts of their pregnancy. I can see some one with complications meriting HC parking.
    At the same time, I have HC parking tag but on most days, where there's no ice and I don't have to park a mile away, I can get by w/o special parking. Let those in real need have first dibs.

I can't imagine a scenario where a pregnant woman would require HC parking. She is either healthy and active while growing the child, or in need of bed rest. Bed rest means just that - get in bed and stay there. I have 3 children, and drove until I was too big to fit behind the wheel and my feet couldn't reach the pedals. Please tell me, how could pregnacy qualify for HC parking?

Quote Originally Posted by SoFla
    I can't imagine a scenario where a pregnant woman would require HC parking. She is either healthy and active while growing the child, or in need of bed rest. Bed rest means just that - get in bed and stay there. I have 3 children, and drove until I was too big to fit behind the wheel and my feet couldn't reach the pedals. Please tell me, how could pregnacy qualify for HC parking?

Major circulation problems, severe swelling, hypersensitive to heat, extreme fatigue. What about the cases where a pregnant woman on bedrest absolutely must go out to see her dr., get food if she's got no help, has an emergency. Every pregnancy is different.
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

That's absolutely asinine. The sign says HANDICAPPED (or disabled) parking, NOT any of the following: overweight, old, pregnant, lazy, stupid, etc etc.

If a pregnant lady can't walk her happy ass into the store from a little farther away then she shouldn't be going out. That's what husbands are for. No sympathy.