Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sandpaper hands!

Angry sandpaper hands!

i guess this is a question for the girls more than the guys. my hands are horribly rough from whippin around in my chair. i even catch on some fabrics!

what do you guys do about it? i have this mary kay hand pampering kit and it works ok, but my hands are still rough. i even scrubbed them down really well with a facial exfoliant to smooth them out.

any products or techniques you use?

as always, thanks tons
    ~callan
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Cali-
    I have the best hand stuff in the world!!! BUT it is expensive It's by Beauti Control, the hand lotion is called Extreme Repair Hand Cream. I also use the Instant Manicure hand scrub...It's AWESOME!!! It really helps b/c my hands get so torn up and dry from pushing and washing them all the time....

BTW, BeautiControl is the stuff that I told ya about in chat that I am a consultant so I could buy my stuff at a discount...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

o yea i remember chelle! well mine have the white crease map deal goin on as well as rough skin.

i'm just waiting for some farmer to come on here and say "slap on some bag balm!"

www.bagbalm.com

Frank's blog:
    My regular blog:

I get the rough hands, too. The palm and fingers of my right hand and the top of my left hand are SOOOOOOO rough. I exfoiate and I use lotion sometimes.

A dermatologist suggested the best and an inexpensive solution. I use Vaseline and white cotton gloves when I go to bed. He said that works better than any expensive hand treatments. The gloves are really hard for me to put on. Many nights I don't wear them. However, if my hands are super rough, I use the Vaseline and gloves. It works.

My feet also get horrible in the winter. They get dry to the point of cracking and bleeding, never good for an incomplete quad. I do the same for my feet when they get really bad. I use Vaseline and thick, cotton, white socks. It's important to wear the gloves and socks because otherwise the Vaseline can leave greasy looking spots on your sheets.

While I don't want my hands to be like sandpaper, the toughness is also good for pushing. If my hands are perfectly soft, I'm not using them to push my chair enough. I think the skin would be more prone to breaking down if it's too soft.

Try it, Cali. It works and is under $7 for Vaseline and good, white, cotton gloves. Here's to softer hands!

That is why I wear gloves to push my chair. I would rather deal with gloves and keep my girly hands. Although around the house I don't use them and they get rough. Cali I have the same problem with them catching on fabric, I hate that.

Brokenwing, just how expensive is the stuff you sell? I would be willing to give it a try. Should I pm you about it?
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

I understand what you are talkin' about Cali...It's sooo frustrating & painful too...PLUS you've got the PA winter working against you. I don't know how bad my hands would be if I had to deal with REAL winter weather. YIKES!!!

I don't know anything about BagBalm, but i've seen it in the stores.... Hmmm....In a pinch, I also use Eucerine hand lotion.

If ya wanna look at the beauti-control products, the general website is www.beauticontrol.com If ya decide ya wanna try anything lemme know...

The vaseline & white gloves idea sounds like a good one...never tried it tho. ..

ETA:here's a direct link to the page with the hand treatments..... http://www.beautipage.com/catalog/hands_body.asp
    Last edited by Broknwing; 02-23-2006 at 03:09 PM.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Aly, I just posted a link to the website....
    The lotion I mentioned is $13.00 and the Instant Manicure treatment is $26.50

If you're interested in anything, please PM me.
    Last edited by Broknwing; 02-23-2006 at 03:11 PM.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

I do the same thing as Mem. Vaseline and gloves. Works dreamy. But, I find the gloves hard to put on when my hands are all greasy, and my hand function is good. So, I bought a pair of mittens. You know those super cheap Magic Gloves? I found a very similar pair of mittens. Works great!

thanks mem and thanks chelle for the link!

Frank's blog:
    My regular blog:

I've tried the gloves and vaseline thing, but vaseline is just so greasy. Also, i don't like the feeling of wearing gloves when I am trying to sleep.

I picked up some Udder Cream the other day, and it seems to be working quite nicely. My hands are calloused and dry, often getting so dry that they crack and bleed. Since I've been using this Udder Cream for probably about a week now, my hands have been pretty good. I've tried lots of products over the years, and so far, this stuff seems to be the best.

www.uddercream.com