Thread: New/lesser bracing~

New/lesser bracing~

My son has an appt. for a re-evaluation of his current braces, as said in other threads, we are thinking as well as seeing/hoping he is ready for a less brace. Susan's leg braces from townsenddesign I believe is the website are the type we are seriously considering as a recommendation BUT I thought I would ask about your opinions here of the different type braces available.

He has been able to get his KAFO's on with minimal assistance from his chair and almost getting them locked but I think the hinge system behind the knee are restricting that as well causing interference when putting on the braces independently. Is there anything out there other than Susan's that offer a locking/unlocking system not so interfering and as well offer one support in the ankle/heel area but not limiting the heel to toe stride?
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Look into having the bail lock replaced with trigger switch located at the hip. Additionally, dual channels at the ankle will allow for modification/progression as needed. You might want to look at carbon fiber braces if it is time for new KAFO's. They provide increased contact area and support.

TY WildWilly~ your suggestions will certainly help in the decision of or if he is denied new braces, this offers modification that should be approved at the very least I would think. I will ask about carbon fiber braces, I'm wondering if these are what townsenddesign braces are made of, Susan's were so very much lighter than my sons which are a heavy molded plastic.
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.