Thread: diarrhea

diarrhea

i have diarrhea today, but its not poop its mucus. what is this? i had it last tuesday too until i had a BM

Yianni - While a little bit of mucus from the rectum is not that abnormal, expelling only mucus until stool is expelled could signal a GI disturbance. I am assuming your bm's have been of normal consistency before last week. You mention diarrhea as well. You will need to make sure you aren't suffering from impactions. Please give your primary MD a call and let him/her know. Are you having any abdominal cramps? Weight loss? Change in appetite or diet? PLG

yianni, this happens to me sometimes, usually during a "nonscheduled bowel program session". i've talked to other sci people who have had the same experience as well. i haven't been able to get an answer as to what it is but at least i can tell you that you are not the only one.
    matt

it feels like diarrhea but its only mucus. i wish i was losing weight but i do get cramps on my left side when i goto bed, also im fasting which means no meat for 40 days, i was on low carb diet but now its kinda hard, witout eating meat

Yianni -- I still think you should run this by your primary MD just to make sure nothing else is going on. PLG