Thread: Commode Cushion

Commode Cushion

So we've pretty much decided that my sore was from my commode, so I need a better seat/cushion. Any suggestions?

Emi, what have you been using up 'til now? It might help us get started with some recommendations for you. They do make a Roho commode cushion, which can be added to a wide variety off commode seats.

(KLD)

hi Emi,

I have a Roho on mine. It's helped a lot but doesn't stay in place easily. I end up duct-taping it often.

Another thought would be to turn the seat around so the opening is in the back, eliminating any pressure.

Good luck, I've been working on this for years - 1st for pressure similar to yours, now for comfort.

Peace
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

Well I had the best commode ever - an E&J but the seat roke after 4 years and couldn't get a replacement. So I settled for a new commode which is no where near as comfy as the other one. Its http://http://www.home-med-equip.com/commode/mrscc.html that one. The upholstry on the back is very unsupportive causing me to lean ack and the seat is cracking already after only 6 months. Anyhow... I guess I could turn it around but then washing my 'privates' during my shower will e difficult.
    But I'd still like a cushion. I do sit on it for over 2 hours normally.

I took my hard seat to a boat store and had them pad it and put marine-grade vinyl on it. The seat is much more comfortable now.

The E&J is definately not the best commode out there, but you can order a replacement seat. We did this several times for nearly all our commodes (about 15 of them) on my unit when we were still using them. Won't your insurance cover this?

(KLD)

My insurance wouldn't buy a new seat for mmy old commode because they could only get it from the States.
    Are those Roho commode cushions high maintenence?

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2
    My insurance wouldn't buy a new seat for mmy old commode because they could only get it from the States.
    Are those Roho commode cushions high maintenence?

Not at all, but don't stay in place during transfers. You definitely have to figure out a way to secure it to the seat
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi