Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Graphics Card

Hi Andy,

Or anyone else who may be interested in watching some short game play movies that some guys who fly Lock On made.

Lock On has the ability to record everything. Then you just need to edit it and convert it into AVI or MPG. Some of these guys are really good at movie making.

There aren't any of the really good productions here but these short clips will give you an idea about what Lock On is about. The graphics quality is a lot better when you actually fly the aircraft. And is much better on the high quality productions that I've seen before. There's a French guy who really makes some outstanding movies with story lines, sound and graphics effects etc.

If I find some links to the better productions I'll post back.

I found a few of Ironhand's training tutorials (he's the best!) that have been converted to videos. In most instances you need to have Lock On installed to view these tutorials but these can be played on any computer. They're rather large zipped files at approximately 155MBs each.

The first is a training mission with the A-10 Warthog versus a Strela ground-to-air defense battery.

http://teambsr.com/downloads/ironhand_strela_hunt.zip

The second is an air-to-air duel between a Russian Su-27 and the US F-15:

This is the "R-27ER vs AIM-120: Winning the SARH vs ARH Duel" rendered to video thanks to the generous efforts of Bogdan (d13-th_zaelu).

A beginner's guide to winning an SARH VS ARH duel when you are on the SARH side of the equation. Discussed are the basics of the Russian SPO-15 Radar Warning System (WRS), the importance of the cockpit clock (stopwatch), and how to mount an aggressive defense.

http://flankertraining.com/lomac/mis...l-Ironhand.zip
    Last edited by bob clark; 03-17-2006 at 11:16 PM.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Tiger Woods 2005:
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Great, I should get my copy Monday I guess. Hope to play soon.

Hello Trevor! Good luck with the installation and creating your player.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Hi Paul,

Cool video. Who was the pretty girl? I replied to your PM. As I said, the "Complete" installation will (should) play a little faster since it loads all the courses onto your hard drive. But both installations will work. See how it runs there. You can always do an uninstall and reinstall but that can be a pain. I always clean-up my drive and defrag before I install anything new. I'm anal retentive like that! It's gotta be perfect! Hahahaha...

We gonna be seeing you with a bright red "mohawk" hairstyle Paul?

Try to create a player with "Superstar" ranking. To do that select "Pro" over "Amature" in one of the beginning screens. It makes your clubs hit farther. I'll look into it more. It actually makes playing easier since your drives will all hit (distance wise) the fairways. Without it, on some fairways you can barely get to them. I'll post clearer instructions later... I have to go alllll the way over there across the room and get the disk! Damn, I'm lazy. That's another reason why I like the NO-CD cracks. Maybe if I'd clean my desk drawers out from 15 years of old banking statements I'd have an empty drawer to put all my games and sims in. But not me....

If you choose "Amature" it takes you through a learning session which is cool but I think you need to "earn" your way up to Superstar status from there. I'm not 100% sure though.

There's an update PC Patch HERE for TW2005. It's only 2.4MBs and is mainly a fix for the golf course architects out there. But it also has a fix for the "disappearing" swing meter. We probably should all be patched... running the same exact version.

Let me know when you guys are ready. I'll buy the first round at the 19th hole. But none of those drinks with the fancy pink umbrellas in them!
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Important tip for new egolfers

Hi Paul and Trevor,

I don't know how much you guys have played yet but you'll want to make sure that you're not missing an important key command. When you're up and standing in the tee box getting ready to give 'er a rip, always place your mouse cursor at the tip of the aiming arrow. Then hit the "E" key and it will show you the ball's trajectory. Then just add or subtract a little bit for windage shown at bottom right of screen by the small flag.

And when you have a green approach shot do the same thing but pay close attention to the pin's elevation. If it's above your feet then add a bit and if it's below your feet then subtract. Not much... but it makes a difference between a good shot and a great shot!

Anyway, I always hit the "E" before any shot.... except putting. And don't always listen to the commentators.... sometimes they lie! Or.... if they were THAT good they wouldn't be talking a good game, they'd be on the course playing one!

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    Hi Paul,

Cool video. Who was the pretty girl? I replied to your PM. As I said, the "Complete" installation will (should) play a little faster since it loads all the courses onto your hard drive. But both installations will work. See how it runs there. You can always do an uninstall and reinstall but that can be a pain. I always clean-up my drive and defrag before I install anything new.

We gonna be seeing you with a bright red "mohawk" hairstyle Paul?

Try to create a player with "Superstar" ranking. To do that select "Pro" over "Amature" in one of the beginning screens. It makes your clubs hit farther. I'll look into it more. It actually makes playing easier since your drives will all hit (distance wise) the fairways. Without it, on some fairways you can barely get to them. I'll post clearer instructions later... I have to go alllll the way over there across the room and get the disk!
    Hello Bob:

Sharon was kind enough to help out with the camera and I may need to do (my brother's new company) video clips for e-commerce purposes i.e. models.

I did the complete install of Tiger Woods 2005 (took about 15 or 20 minutes) and now I will have to design my player again. Don't expect to see a Mohawk with a spike of red hair like the fiery pits of hell and steel blue eyes!

This coming week will be busy for me; I may not be able to play Tiger Woods 2005 until Friday or Saturday. In the meantime I will apply all the patches that you have posted and follow all of your recommended gaming tips!
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com