Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Neurovita ~

Neurovita ~

I wanted to let everyone know that I am going to Neurovita in Moscow on Monday (3 days). I have the good fortune that both my mom and grandma speak Russian fluently so they are going with me.

I wanted people who are interested in possibly going to Neurovita to know what is going on while Im over there and I will try to update every couple of days. Im taking the digital camera and will be putting a bunch of pictures onto a webshots page (which Ill post the link to once I get some pics up) mainly intended for family and friends, but also anyone on here.

Ok background (I wanted to do this first, so there was no confusion, so its clear down the road what was accomplished through the procedure), I'm 19 years old, male, and 9 months post injury. I'm a T10 complete asia A, as in I have regained nothing below my injury level. I do have very strong spasms which I dont take medicine for. At home I occasionally walk with KAFO's and a walker, although at therapy I was able to use arm crutches to walk short distances.

A little pre-injury info... I was accepted to the Air Force Academy and my accident happened a little over a month before I was supposed to go. Through that I have very good connections in Congress, which if this procedure goes well I will see if I can speak before them. I am very into lifting weights, pre-injury I could benchpress 335 and now I am up to 275.

Post if you have any other questions.

-Jeff.
    IMPOSSIBLE IS JUST A BIG WORD THROWN AROUND BY SMALL MEN WHO FIND IT EASIER TO LIVE IN THE WORLD THEY'VE BEEN GIVEN THAN TO EXPLORE THE POWER THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A FACT. IT'S AN OPINION. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A DECLARATION. IT'S A DARE. IMPOSSIBLE IS POTENTIAL. IMPOSSIBLE IS TEMPORARY.

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.

Thanks very much Jeff, I know we'll look forward to your posts and I wish you lots of good fortune with this. Think of your career as being put temporarily on hold - i know you'll still get there be it via this or otherwise

All the best

Hi,

I wish you the best for the surgery!
    Can you tell us more about your injury level ? (compression or cut of the spinal cord...)
    Wich procedure are you testing at Neurovita ? (with or without Spherogel...)

I hope a can read you soon.

Have a nice day

R32-wolf
    Wer bremst ist feige!

I had a compression, no severing, my T10 shattered and my T9 dropped down and pinched my spinal cord (so its still intact).

This first time I will be getting the SC from my blood. The people at Neurovita want to do the SpheroGel treatment (with SC from my nose) but they wont do it until at least 1 year post injury (because of the orthopedic part) so I will be getting that operation in May, assuming they deem it necessary.

-Jeff.
    IMPOSSIBLE IS JUST A BIG WORD THROWN AROUND BY SMALL MEN WHO FIND IT EASIER TO LIVE IN THE WORLD THEY'VE BEEN GIVEN THAN TO EXPLORE THE POWER THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A FACT. IT'S AN OPINION. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A DECLARATION. IT'S A DARE. IMPOSSIBLE IS POTENTIAL. IMPOSSIBLE IS TEMPORARY.

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by musclebeach
    I wanted to let everyone know that I am going to Neurovita in Moscow on Monday (3 days). I have the good fortune that both my mom and grandma speak Russian fluently so they are going with me.

I wanted people who are interested in possibly going to Neurovita to know what is going on while Im over there and I will try to update every couple of days. Im taking the digital camera and will be putting a bunch of pictures onto a webshots page (which Ill post the link to once I get some pics up) mainly intended for family and friends, but also anyone on here.

Ok background (I wanted to do this first, so there was no confusion, so its clear down the road what was accomplished through the procedure), I'm 19 years old, male, and 9 months post injury. I'm a T10 complete asia A, as in I have regained nothing below my injury level. I do have very strong spasms which I dont take medicine for. At home I occasionally walk with KAFO's and a walker, although at therapy I was able to use arm crutches to walk short distances.

A little pre-injury info... I was accepted to the Air Force Academy and my accident happened a little over a month before I was supposed to go. Through that I have very good connections in Congress, which if this procedure goes well I will see if I can speak before them. I am very into lifting weights, pre-injury I could benchpress 335 and now I am up to 275.

Post if you have any other questions.

-Jeff.
    Jeff, good luck and thanks fo sharing your experience with us!

Sorry to hear your plans with the Air Force Academy were so brutally put on hold, but like Cherrylips says there is a lot of hope.

Also when you get a chance check out www.IVCure.com

Faye

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

Best wishes Jeff!
    We'll follow close your advance

Hi MuscleBeach,

Thanks for your quick response, i hope the best for you and don't forget that thousand of people follow your posts !!! Do your best and you 'll continue in the Air Force !!

R32-Wolf
    Wer bremst ist feige!

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting and hope all goes well.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

The Russian Embassy in Washington messed up the dates on our visa so we had to reapply. Looks like Sat/Sun we will be leaving. If you are considering this, DO NOT get your visa through Washington, as I have heard from others who have had problems with Washington (something about a beaurocratic nightmare ). We are going through New York now and they already seem a lot more helpful.

Just a little info and update.

-Jeff.

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.

dear Jeff,

Congratulations on your trip, and I hope all goes well. I'm also from Indiana, and in 10 months post injury rehab at RHI, which I'm sure you're familiar with. I'm now living in California and moving to Project walk next month.

Look forward to hearing about your updates are as I'm considering a stemcell procedure myself. :-)

Cheers,
    Rafe Eric