Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free lasik for Quads

Free lasik for Quads

The following was forwarded to me, I haven't looked into it myself...

Focus on Independence is a program in which eye surgeons provide LASIK or vision correction surgery at no charge to quadriplegics.

http://www.spinalcord.org/news.php?d...age=6&list=706

That is totally awesome!
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

I just called and they gave me a DR. in new york city i live in P.A. i would be so happy to have this done i am going to look into the DR. first. thanks for the information
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

I JUST CALLED AND GOT A APPOINTMENT FOR APRIL 3RD . thanks for info RRRRRRONNNN

Wow! That is so great!

Anty, I had the surgery. I'm SO happy with the results. I hope it works out for you!

Anty, what are their inclusion criteria? What all did they ask you?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Hi Steven They Asked-do You Have Trouble Putting Your Glasses On, Cleaning Them, Dropping Them. My Left Hand Is Very Weak So I Have Trouble Putting Them On And I Cant Clean Them At All. They Dont Ask To Many Questions Steven

I had it done about 3 yrs ago. I am so glad I don't have to wear glasses anymore. I do have to wear reading glasses sometimes but not often. It cost me 2500$. A word of advice........I had BIG time trouble with dry eyes because I was on oxybutine or Detrol which made my eyes dry. I had to go back and see the DR the next day because when I blinked it made my lens or retina what ever they cut move so he put 2 big contact lens in for a few days. They have better ways of doing it since 3 yrs so it might be better. Just though I would share this so you might consider telling the DR in case you have dry eyes. I had the Aug so I don't take the Detrol anymore and don't have dry eyes. But what a great thing to get done. Glasses is a pain in the ars. At night I use to have to put them on take them off to cath.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

I sent a request for info on whomever does it in the Baltimore area, so I'll have the name if/when I decide I want the surgery. It's nice of those docs to provide it.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Updates?

Has anyone that contacted this org. heard anything or been to an appt. yet? I e-mailed them when the thread started but have not heard back. Just wondering is anyone has?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein