Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night Sweats

Night Sweats

i have been having night sweats off and on. they are very bad, and really soak the bed. they happen at night during sleep.

i have not noticed any common factors as to when it occurs, and it is driving me crazy.

i have no bladder infections, or no increase in spasms.

can anyone please help, or give any suggestions?

Is anything under you wrinkled? Are you staying in the same position all night?

I have sweating at times when I sleep too. Like you, I have not noticed any pattern. I can be laying in bed watching TV for a while and not sweat at all. If I doze off for as little as 10 minutes I wake up with a soaked shirt and sweat pouring down my face.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

It sounds like you guys are having a lot of wet dreams

Are you sweating below your injury or above, or both? Perhaps knowing this, someone might have an idea.

-Lewis

You maybe streching your bladder. have you tried any bladder spasm meds? Detrol? Ditropan?
    You maynot feel your bladder spasm.
    Anyhow, just a suggestion.

Check your positioning too.

I had that problem not long after my accident, like mentioned by liz321, it was from bladder spasms and Oxybutynin/Ditropan resolved the problem.

Night sweats are a symptom that deserves medical evaluation. I you are female, night sweats are a symtpom of menopause--are you ready for that? Otherwise, they could be symptomatic of some kind of viral infection or any number of things. It would be best to review this with your doctor to be safe.

RAB

Night sweats after falling asleep mystery..help

Quote Originally Posted by jimnms View Post
    I have sweating at times when I sleep too. Like you, I have not noticed any pattern. I can be laying in bed watching TV for a while and not sweat at all. If I doze off for as little as 10 minutes I wake up with a soaked shirt and sweat pouring down my face.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
    HELP PLEASE....................I can void and feel just fine but when i fall asleep...............IT STARTS LIKE THE QUOTE SAYS..

I HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM FOR 10 YEARS. I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING BUT...Ditropan type antispasmodic. Doc put me on Flomax recently. I've had sphincterotomy and urologist can't locate problem fix. Neither can my SCI Dr.....

THIS IS A NIGHTMARE SITUATION as i get very little sleep.

I will attempt to see if it is bladder spasms. Although SCI-NURSE wrote regarding detrol/ditropan type drugs ''They are used to reduce bladder pressure, increase urinary retention to increase capacity and reduce leakage. They are rarely appropriate in those who do reflex voiding but often needed in those with indwelling catheters or who do intermittent cath."

I will also look into this syrinx thing , although i don't think thats the pblm.....IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY. IM seeing a GP, UROLOGIST, and SPINE DR within the next 3 months. IM BEGGING FOR THIS TO STOP.

c7 complete since 1981....i thought id been through or seen it all but this MYSTERY I CANT SOLVE.

male 53
    external cath
    intermittent cath as needed
    Baclofen tabs 20 mg 4 to 5 in 24 hr period.
    diazepam 30 mg x 3 a day f needed
    NEW 1 week ago .... from Terazosin 4mg a day to Flomax bid..no help.

DESPERATE

What is your blood pressure when you have these sweating episodes?? It would be important to be sure they are not from autonomic dysreflexia, esp. if you do reflex voiding like this.

What is your PdetMax when you last had urodynamics??

(KLD)

Check your skin very carefully, especially your butt and your feet. I had the same thing with sweating and could not figure out why, then a couple pressure sores broke out on my left foot and I was sleeping on my right side and the pressure from the matteress was irratating the sores therefore causing A/D, mystery solved. One sore is healed now and the other like 80 percent healed and I'm careful to keep all pressure off the one that is still healing and no more A/D or night sweats, hope this helps. Check for anything that might be causing pain, a low grade UTI or bowel problems could do it too.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred