Thread: Injured Supercross Rider

Injured Supercross Rider

I know there are quite a few people here, myself included, that enjoy supercross/motocross. This past weekend James Marshall was seriously injured.

"On February 11th, 2006, James Marshall was tragically injured in round 6 of the Amd Mobile Supercross series in San Diego. Running in 5th place in Heat #2, James went over the bars through a tricky step up--step down combination and was subsequently hit by two trailing riders. The impact of the incident left Marshall with broken C2, C5, and C6 vertebrate."

Check out the link below it provides updates of James condition and support for him.

http://www.helpjames.org/

A soon as I saw that, I knew it was bad. I've followed motocross since I was a teenager and that was a nasty crash. That's what did me in 21 yrs. ago as well. My best wishes go out to James.

Ernesto Fonseca

It has happened again! WTF???

"Posted: 03.07.2006

Earlier today, Team Honda's Ernesto Fonseca crashed at a private Supercross track and suffered damage to his spinal cord when he landed head-first into the face of an upcoming jump. The Costa Rican is hospitalized in Riverside, California, and has undergone a series of tests to determine the extent of his injuries.

Fonseca fractured his C-7 vertebrae and severely bruised his spinal cord. He is expected to be put in a halo device this evening to stabilize his spine, and is scheduled for surgery tomorrow to help relieve some of the pressure on his spinal cord. Reports have him in good spirits and able to move both of his arms, though he currently has no feeling in his legs. Doctors indicate that the next 24 to 48 hours are very important in the recovery process."