Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Makeup

Permanent Makeup

Does anyone have this? Advice? If I were to get it done, I would end up in Calgary or Seattle. I might be in Spokane in a few weeks, so that's an option too if anyone does it there.

I am considering eyebrows and maybe eyeliner. My main reasoning -- I have cigarette burn scars on my face and two are in my eyebrows, so i have bald patches that I end up plucking around. I don't want my eyebrows this shape, but it's the only option I have. I am wanting to fill these areas in instead of plucking my brows in such a way so they aren't noticeable.

I have absolutely no clue but if you have a choice, I"d do it in seattle rather than spokane *Shrug* Lex

I just mentioned Spokane bc I may be there in a few weeks. I dunno, I want to talk to some docs first. There is no one in Montana that does this.

Seattle would be a summer trip to have it done. Calgary is actually closer.

Hey Jadis,

I had my eyebrows done at a beauty salon in 1998. I didn't like the shape of mine in areas so I had it done. They need touched up about every 5 years or so. I love them. It cost around $300.00 Good luck

I had my eyeliner done 7 years ago. I had it done by an optomoligist instead of going with a salon or tatto place. A friend of mine worked for the doc that did it and had her eyes done by him so was able to see what hers looked like to see if I liked the way he did it. I personaly think mine looks better. He had done several between ours. Because it was done by a doc it was expensive vs what I have seen as a price by salons in our area. I had nice black eyes for about two weeks. (I bruise very easy) I like it and think it was worth it. No one knows it is a tat until I tell them which I think is good. I have not had to have mine touched up yet. If you have questions let me know.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Something to consider -- tattoo ink can prevent you from having an MRI for a year or two. It's a question that was asked when I had MRIs. They told me that some inks have metals that will cause a problem. That said, I would love to have permanent eyeliner! I don't wear much make-up, but I like to spruce up my eyes. If you are going to do it, ask about metal in the ink.

A friend's mother just had hers done in mexico they look great she paid 100 $ for her eyebrows, eyeliner and lipliner. seems like a really good price. My husband won't even let me go to the dentist in mexico (my friend will be getting braces in march for 800$) alot of people go to mexico for cosmetic/dental work around here due to the proximity and low prices, I think that my friends dentist is an american who has an office in Harlingen TX and in Progresso Mexico ... just read about the metal in ink SoFla mentionned I think that is mainly the case in home made/prison tattoos.
    Last edited by olossgirl; 02-14-2006 at 01:02 AM.

I'm not so sure about getting tatt ink on old burn scars in your eyebrows ... I think it would disrupt the skin more and not look right?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

My cousin had hers done & I could never tell until she told me. I'm too chicken to do that anyway, but how painful is it?
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

Carrie I got shots of novicane (sp) when getting my liner done. I didn't feel it, just slight pressure. Now the few days that followed were a little rough but I am happy with it. I look half made up straight out of the shower!
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni