Thread: OT: My Mum is talking in reverse - Advice please...

OT: My Mum is talking in reverse - Advice please...

Hi,

First of all I apologise for posting this here, but I am after some advice if possible and wasn't sure where to turn.

My Mum who is 62 has started saying words in reverse. For instance, instead of saying "see you in the morning", she will say, "morning see you in the", or "day it's a nice" rather than "it's a nice day". Another thing is she kept saying "mop" instead of "map" when we were in the car. We would say, "you mean the map?" and she'll reply, "yes, the mop". When we point it out she doesn't believe us and thinks we're making fun of her.

I'm very concerned, but as she doesn't realise she is doing any of this she wont go and see a Doctor. I'm scared incase she has something causing pressure in the brain, or is having mini-strokes.

Can anyone advice on how to approach her to go to the doctor, as when we mention it she gets upset saying we're making of her. Also, what could the symtoms be a sign of?

Many thanks for any advice and sorry again for asking on this board.

Andy.

--
    To reply to me via email, replace 'spambucket' with 'andy'.

It most definatly sounds like mini-strokes otherwise known as TIA´s.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/health_and_...rs/tia_doc.htm

I say get her to the hospital ASAP!

Don´t take no for an answer...call an ambulance behind her back if you must.

It most definatly sounds like mini-strokes otherwise known as TIA´s.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/health_and_...rs/tia_doc.htm

I say get her to the hospital ASAP!

Don´t take no for an answer...call an ambulance behind her back if you must.

Andy,
    I agree 100% with Mike C. It sounds like stroke related aphasia. I am no doctor or nurse but she needs to be evaluated YESTERDAY.
    Keep us posted.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
    It's already tomorrow in Australia!"----- Charles Schultz