Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friends (who needs them)!

Friends (who needs them)!

I need to have a rant, I'm just so mad .
    I just rang one of my so called friends to ask if she fancied coming round to watch a movie and get pizza and she said her and all of my other friends were going out to eat tonight.
    Would have been nice to have been invited....
    This isn't the first time this has happened and I'm starting to feel like they're embarrassed to be seen with me! mind you maybe I would feel the same (although I hope I wouldn't), who really wants to be seen in public with someone who walks like a freak, falls down and drops stuff all the time....
    I know the best thing to do would be to tell them where to poke it because if they're behaving like this they're not really my friends anyway. Only, I don't really have many other friends, I know that sounds pathetic(I can almost hear the violins) but I've always found making friends really hard.....
    Just really p****d off
    Now all that's left of me is what I pretend to be....

i got hurt a few months after i graduated from highschool. i lost many of my friends as a result. it sucks but i found that the few that stuck with me and my family mean so much more to me than "how many" friends i have.

i'm sure you know a lot of people, as i do, that have a ton of friends and are still lonely.

i hope things work out better for ya on this, i'd be pissed off too! they shouldn't be ashamed of you. you're still you no matter what, even if you got your face melted off like a little g.i. joe in a driveway in july
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Thanks it's nice to know someones out there and listening....
    Now all that's left of me is what I pretend to be....

no problem!
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Miss Tabitha all my so-called friends left me as soon as I got home from rehab. And boy did I feel stupid. So I just basically hang around the house all day long. So I have zero real-life friends. But I am hanging in there. And so will you!

Tabitha, I lost my marriage and many friends. However, it's the very few who remain who are there for the duration. If you can count the true friends in your life on the fingers of one hand, count yourself blessed.

I no longer do the going out every night/everyday things I did pre-injury. I was always going somewhere, always doing something with friends and my now ex. It not only takes more time, energy and planning than it did before, but I use my energy and resources more wisely and thoughtfully these days.

You'll find your true friends. The loss of what was pre-SCI hurts so much. There is no denying that. Love your few, true friends and be a true friend. You'll find who really counts in your life.

**Hugs**

Love doesn't exist. That's what I'm trying to tell you guys. And I'm not picking on love because I don't think friendship exists either.

Quote Originally Posted by cjo
    Love doesn't exist. That's what I'm trying to tell you guys. And I'm not picking on love because I don't think friendship exists either.
    I hope you're kidding (although I'm guilty of saying the same thing about love - only convenience exists). You have so much to offer someone and are far too young to think that way ...
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

correct me if im wrong (as i so often am!!) but does the whole loosing friends thing come with sci territory? its a bit depressing I know but since Ryan had his accident he now sees less and less of his so called friends. He seems to spend a lot of time on his own nowadays as i work full time. I try to encourage him to do things with me but i do wish he had more of his male friends support. Surely all men want is to go out with their buddies and have a beer and talk 'blokey' stuff?!! not sit at home and watch Eastenders with their girlfriend every single night!! it seems that reading some of the other posts that this is common occurance with sci. Its a shame really but hey, good for me - i get to watch all the soaps i want now!!!
    (ive just read this post back - how selfish do i sound!! sorry.. im not.. honestly!)
    Birdy

What are friends?
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.