Thread: machine like a nu-step

machine like a nu-step

been a year or so ago some of us were talking about a machine called a Nu-Step we used in rehab, but they were like over 3 thousand for one. tonight I bought a thing that you push with your feet and got the arms workout too, for 2 hundred. It's a body by jake machine. but when I get it put togather I willl post a picture for others to see. I sat down on it at the store for a bit and it will give you a workout, and you can adjust the tension. It's the closest I've come across to the nu-step just not near as big and fancy but it does the same kind of excersise, and it's cheap!!!!!!
    Doug

yo duge thats awesome bro. can't wait to see the pics
    Daniel

Duge, is it called a cardio cruiser?
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

YEs Mike, that is it. It performed pretty much like the Nu-Step from what little time I spent on it at the store. I was sure huffing when I got off of it. Not nearly as good as the nu-step but alot cheaper and it works the same muscles. I bought it at a Sear's store

Oh, thank you! I want one! I've been thinking about getting a stationary bike for cardio, but this is even better. Both arms and legs working, for pretty much little money, and taking up about the same space. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by SoFla
    Oh, thank you! I want one! I've been thinking about getting a stationary bike for cardio, but this is even better. Both arms and legs working, for pretty much little money, and taking up about the same space. I love it!
    Iv'e tried the bikes but can't keep my feet in the pedals, this worked much better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duge
    Iv'e tried the bikes but can't keep my feet in the pedals, this worked much better!!!
    Me too. If it doesn't have stirrups, I have to strap my feet to the peddles. I can't sit on a bike seat either. It aggravates the pain. I sit in a chair set up behind the bike at PT. I like the look of the seat on this contraption. I'm trying to plan ahead for when the PT ends.

I think I am going to have the seat made larger on it. It hurts me to sit on a narrow seat!! willl let you know how it comes out, if, if I can get someone to bring it in for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by duge
    I think I am going to have the seat made larger on it. It hurts me to sit on a narrow seat!! willl let you know how it comes out, if, if I can get someone to bring it in for me!!
    Please, do let us know how it works for you. I'm looking forward to pictures, too!