Thread: Opinions needed:Best programs to prepare for the day a cure is here

Opinions needed:Best programs to prepare for the day a cure is here

I am not sure I am posting in the right forum but here goes...

My husband C5 incomplete has gotten his trachea straight after 3 years post injury...no more trach/t tubes YAH!!!

My question is due to his breathing issues he never got to particpate in physical rehab to any great extent...

What programs are available to make sure SCI folks are in the best possible shape for the day a cure arrives. What should we be focusing on now from a physical standpoint to gain the most...What experiences can anyone share about the programs out there and the benefits?

Thanks on advance for your help in assisting us to take the next STEP!!

Aspen, I don't have a good answer to your question. Exercise is obviously part of what must be done to maintain the body and to ensure that whatever treatment in the coming years will be able to restore function. I was hoping that others would chime in with their opinions.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen
    I am not sure I am posting in the right forum but here goes...

My husband C5 incomplete has gotten his trachea straight after 3 years post injury...no more trach/t tubes YAH!!!

My question is due to his breathing issues he never got to particpate in physical rehab to any great extent...

What programs are available to make sure SCI folks are in the best possible shape for the day a cure arrives. What should we be focusing on now from a physical standpoint to gain the most...What experiences can anyone share about the programs out there and the benefits?

Thanks on advance for your help in assisting us to take the next STEP!!

is he able to exercise? if so. get him using a saratoga or vitaglide for cardio and an uppertone for mass building. he should be standing everyday as well, very important.

most of us active quads on here workout daily.

also get him on a good protein supplement daily.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer