Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Movies, good or bad...

I really enjoyed The Notebook. I had a really good cry at the end. lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Hey Lynnifer,
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    I really enjoyed The Notebook. I had a really good cry at the end. lol
    I saw that too (said in my roughest manly voice ) and had a good time.
    Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

I'll use my roughest manliest heterosexual voice to say that... man those boys are pretty in Fight Club!

Good movies I saw lately were Syriana (because I'm a liberal and proud), and The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. Block Party is next on my list.

Brokeback Mountain should have won the Academy Award.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher
    I'll use my roughest manliest heterosexual voice to say that... man those boys are pretty in Fight Club!

Good movies I saw lately were Syriana (because I'm a liberal and proud), and The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. Block Party is next on my list.
    Even Meatloaf?
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

"Born into Brothels"

"Thumbsucker"

"Crash"

Believe it or not, "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room" - Pretty amazing (disgusting is a better word) some of the things that went on and the did a nice job explaining some of the complicated aspects.

This weekend, Lord of War and Walk the Line. Both AWESOME. If you don't have fond memories of Johnny C., I don't know if you'll love Walk the Line. Anyone will love Lord of War though. Me, my husband, sons 25 and 16-all loved it.

Two For the Money-Matthew McConaghey (shirtless ) and Al Pacino, Rene Russo. I like it a lot. Not an award winner but a good movie.

Maybe the best movies ever imo: Shawshank Redemption of course, and American History X.

Television movie:
    Hunt for Justice: The Louise Arbour Story
    Saturday Mar. 25 at 8pm ET - The compelling story of how one heroic Canadian led a stunning UN charge, to indict and arrest sitting Yugoslavian president Slobodan Milosevic and others.

During the 1990s, age-old racial and religious hatred resulted in rape, ethnic cleansing and mass killings in the Balkans. While the world watched in horror, the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (created by the United Nations) was labelled ineffective.

Then came the arrival of Canadian Louise Arbour, now the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights. This gripping movie recounts the innovative and brave methods that Arbour ( Wendy Crewson) devised as Chief Prosecutor of the International War Crimes Tribunal to finally prosecute those responsible, even when it meant taking on Milosevic – which resulted in the first time in history a sitting president was indicted.

Arbour investigated rape camps, witnessed the aftermath of ethnic cleansing and saw first hand, the displacement of two million citizens. With the help of her legal team and translator, she summoned all her legal cunning issuing secret indictments, thwarting bureaucracy and sidestepping NATO along the way, to make strategic and historic arrests.

...MORE
    I don't know how long the link will remain active and really hope they make a DVD version available.

The page has a series of drill-down links:
    Video
    * Hunt for Justice trailer 0:29
    * Wendy Crewson, actor, 'The Hunt for Justice: The Louise Arbour Story' 5:08
    * Canada AM: Wendy Crewson talks about preparing for 'Hunt for Justice' 4:48
    * eTalk Daily looks at 'Hunt for Justice' 1:30

Related
    * Cast Bios
    * Louise Arbour Fact Sheet
    * Louise Arbour is a 'huge national hero': Crewson
    Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

I posted this as a separate thread, but let me repeat.

Go see Dave Chappell's block party in the theater w/ their excellent sound system. Its like going to a concert w/out all the hassles. Get your posse together and break out the medicinal marijuana, Bitch!

Even Meatloaf?
    His name was Robert Paulson. His name was Robert Paulson...