Thread: Fentanyl Patch - nausea

Fentanyl Patch - nausea

My doctor started me on the Fentanyl patch (72 hour) yesterday. He knows I can't take morphine (I had tried Kadain sp? and got very ill). Well I put the patch on at 7:00 pm last night and woke up aroun 6 am nauseated. I couldn't get out of bed and finalled called my doctor at 11:30 am. He called in pres. for zopfran (up to 4x day) for the nausea. It helped for about an hour, but the nausea is still there. Also, I am lightheaded and my head hurts (like headache). Will this get better? I am about ready to rip the patch off.

The patch made me nauseous, and nothing helped control the nausea. So, off went the patch.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie
    My doctor started me on the Fentanyl patch (72 hour) yesterday. He knows I can't take morphine (I had tried Kadain sp? and got very ill). Well I put the patch on at 7:00 pm last night and woke up aroun 6 am nauseated. I couldn't get out of bed and finalled called my doctor at 11:30 am. He called in pres. for zopfran (up to 4x day) for the nausea. It helped for about an hour, but the nausea is still there. Also, I am lightheaded and my head hurts (like headache). Will this get better? I am about ready to rip the patch off.
    Do those things really work?
    "Sometimes I just sets and thinks...
    and sometimes I just sets.
    "

Otis Redding I think

I'm on 100mcg Duragesic patch with 30 mg Roxicodone for bt. At first, using the generic Sandoz patch, i found that the patch was not helping at all. The strange thing is, I decided to pay up for the brand with my latest rx and even though the Duragesic patch and the Sandoz patch are manufactured by the exact same company, I did feel a little difference and I don't believe it was in my head!

Still, I'm not getting the relief I thought I would from the duragesic.

Alan

I am on the Duragesic 50 patch and it works fine for me