Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Kreiger ROCKS!!

Kennedy Kreiger ROCKS!!

I'm a C4/5 incomplete, close to 1.5 years post. After almost 5 months at KKI 3x/week I have gained 35 motor points and now am at 52 total out of 100!! (More than half the woman I used to be LOL)

I'm off Baclofen completely, only take 2 meds. to help bladder (can pee and poop on my own), lowered cholesterol without any change in diet, and am now using the treadmill for gait training.

I STRONGLY recommend their program!

Glad to hear about your progress. Can you be more specific about what you have been doing?
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Mostly I have been using the FES bike for an hour 3x/week. I do alot of e-stim at home, stretch exercises every day, and stand as often as I can. The PT at KKI is 3 hrs each day, so we get alot of mat work as well.

pegasus,

How long did you wait before going to KKI after your injury?
    Daniel

It was exactly a year after my accident. I had been in PT and OT regularly up until about 2 months before Kennedy (I was discharged from PT because I was "maintenance level!") in addition to doing stuff at home.

Hi, I remember reading about you in the Baltimore Sun after you were injured. Did you make it back home? Great progress, may you fly like a Pegasus again soon. Sounds like you are almost there. What is your ASIA scale now?
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Peggy,
    It’s official. Monday is my last day at Kennedy Krieger. I got my Easystand 6000 glider this morning at home. I now have all the pieces of equipment for my home therapy program. By the way, I’m going to miss you guys a lot. Remember to keep in touch.
    Josh Basile

www.determined2heal.org

"Hope is the drug that keeps me steady"

cheesecake,
    I finally went home 6 months after I got hurt, but soon had to give up my horses and my farm. That was hard! I have a place closer to town now.
    My ASIA rating was B, but I'm a C now!

Josh, We'll miss you too! Keep up the good work kiddo!

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    cheesecake,
    I finally went home 6 months after I got hurt, but soon had to give up my horses and my farm. That was hard! I have a place closer to town now.
    My ASIA rating was B, but I'm a C now!

Josh, We'll miss you too! Keep up the good work kiddo!
    Pegasus,
    You are one of my biggest heroes!
    Keep up the good work!
    Ross

Josh,
    it's me! what your last day at kk was today! we missed you! when will we see you again? we will miss you