Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really would value your opinions!

Exclamation Really would value your opinions!

Hi everyone,

Without going into detail I have a few fundraisers up my sleeve and if they were to pay off I think the funds generated could be substantial. Now the dilemma is where should this be invested to get us to the cure ASAP.

Please take a moment to put your ideas forward be it a particular lab, scientist, project and WORLDWIDE please. Offer a few reasons why too if you can. Id be forever indebted, cheers

ok great so 22 have read this yet not one reply! Are you shy or something - come on folks

i think your picture is scaring everyone away. get a body will ya...lol.

your question is tough to answer. do you trust dr young? if so, there is your answer.

My answer is "I don't really know" - helpful aren't I?
    Seriously, I think it is fantastic that you have ideas that you feel can raise substantial funds. Without knowing something of the plans, it is hard to suggest where you could place them. I tend to think it best for anyone who is raising funds to go for a research programme that is going on near them, or in their own country. So, in your case, off the top of my head, maybe Dr Murdoch in Newcastle? (I'm also all for supporting the work of a sound female researcher where there is one!)

01/29/06 Change of Mind - Having just read http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_ne...697369,00.html - I am now not so sure about my suggestion!
    Last edited by carbar; 01-29-2006 at 07:24 AM.

I am a floating heed but i still need answers!

As for Wise, he certainly is getting the ball rolling but the answer lies with what will get us there quickest

Anyone?

Dr.young or Dra.cueto.

My first thought is towards human clinical trials - I'm prettry tired about hearing that someone fixed up another rat.
    Does the ChinaSCINet have the funds it needs?
    Other possibilities are the Miami Project and of course WM Keck Center.
    Something else that is possible is being a major investor in a company like Neuraxo, this way you might get to influence the priorities

most of us don't really know what will get us there the quickest...

sounds like you need to pm Wise...

with these fundraisers, are you financially secure, whereas you don't need any money for therapy or rehab equipment? i've had a few fundraisers to get a equipped van to drive, demo and rebuild a roll-in shower, widen doors, etc. these were some of the things that the state said they would cover, but never did...

thx for having them and i hope you find the best place for the money..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    most of us don't really know what will get us there the quickest...

sounds like you need to pm Wise...

with these fundraisers, are you financially secure, whereas you don't need any money for therapy or rehab equipment? i've had a few fundraisers to get a equipped van to drive, demo and rebuild a roll-in shower, widen doors, etc. these were some of the things that the state said they would cover, but never did...

thx for having them and i hope you find the best place for the money..

I would also be interested in what Dr. Wise thought. He would know
    which organization has come the farthest with their research.
    Last edited by Buck_Nasty; 01-26-2006 at 06:18 PM.

Let's ask Dr. Wise.

Dr. Wise, where could the funds be used best?