Thread: Physical Therapist & Researcher Joins NextStepsNW Staff

Smile Physical Therapist & Researcher Joins NextStepsNW Staff

Sophie Gibbard, long time SCI Physical Therapist from Harborview Hospital in Seattle, WA joins the NextStepsNW staff in Redmond, WA as a trainer and SCI medical researcher.

Sophie's goals are to help NextStepsNW become a world renowned aggressive exercise center for people with spinal cord injuries and to develop cutting edge research projects that will help cure paralysis through exercise. Studies in consideration at NextStepsNW are one, the Benefits of FES bikes and two Lite gait Weight Bearing treadmill walking with e-stem.

If you have a research topic you would like us to consider or are a researcher and would like a satellite clinic to gather more data for your project, please contact sophie@nextstepsnw.org

For more information on NextStepNW, please visit our website at www.nextstepsnw.org

Quote Originally Posted by NextStepsNW
    Sophie Gibbard, long time SCI Physical Therapist from Harborview Hospital in Seattle, WA joins the NextStepsNW staff in Redmond, WA as a trainer and SCI medical researcher.

Sophie's goals are to help NextStepsNW become a world renowned aggressive exercise center for people with spinal cord injuries and to develop cutting edge research projects that will help cure paralysis through exercise. Studies in consideration at NextStepsNW are one, the Benefits of FES bikes and two Lite gait Weight Bearing treadmill walking with e-stem.

If you have a research topic you would like us to consider or are a researcher and would like a satellite clinic to gather more data for your project, please contact sophie@nextstepsnw.org

For more information on NextStepNW, please visit our website at www.nextstepsnw.org
    Signs say things are a changing! Way to go NextStepsNW
    Ross

NextSteps NW also recently received a $5000 quality of life grant from CRF (I tried to post the press release earlier, but I guess, somehow, I didn't.........mrph!) and a $10,000 grant from Norcliffe. Things ARE changing here in the NW!

Way to go NextSteps!

Sandi

tell me more...

My wife and I just moved to Bellevue, WA and found out about NextStep recently. Could you tell us more about it. Has anyone attended? Tell us all that you can it would be appreciated.

Thanx

check it out!

The people at NextSteps are very kind, helpful and open. Just give them a call and set up a time to visit. Sally and I visited when they first opened in late Spring. At that time they weren't yet fully staffed, but Sally and I were still very impressed with the equipment and the "can do" attitude!

You are so lucky to be living in Bellevue close to a clinic of this quality. For us, the drive from Tacoma is over 1 hour and not at all pleasant (freeways, traffic, constuction, rain.....), so we are presently looking into help with the drive. Hopefully, by the time we get things figured out, we'll see you there; working out and getting stronger!

Sandi