Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long for mass human trials to be approved?

How long for mass human trials to be approved?

Is there anything on the horizon poised for action,
    or could we be in discovery a lot longer?

I know this is over generalized, but what is coming up
    to get at least mildly excited about?

Joe
    And the truth shall set you free.

NoDecafPlz,

First we need a therapy for chronics that has been replicated and proven in the lab. Everything is currently geared for acutes and some think these will be applicable to chronics. It will be several years before the results for acutes can be generated.

Currently, there is nothing I am aware of that will take a chronic ASIA A to ASIA D.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    NoDecafPlz,

First we need a therapy for chronics that has been replicated and proven in the lab. Everything is currently geared for acutes and some think these will be applicable to chronics. It will be several years before the results for acutes can be generated.

Currently, there is nothing I am aware of that will take a chronic ASIA A to ASIA D.

Doesn't that suck! The truth does hurt but I can handle it.

First, we need something to test in a mass human trials, and at present, no therapys are availables.
    Second, we are chronics and the reserch first objetive are acutes. We must wait to a therapy for us.
    Its sadly, but with the actual speed of research an clinical trials, cure could be possible in 10 years or more.

kkmay & Isildur,

Mark Tuzinski (sp) at the University of California at San Diego is supposed to be working on a chronic treatment and he is supposedly making progress. I have no inclination as to how far along his lab is, or isn't.

Hans Kierstad at the Reeve-Irvine Research Center is doing the same, again, I have no idea how well his research is going.

The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis stated in the summer of 2005 that if everything goes just right, they may have an effective treatment for chronics in 5 years. I don't have a lot of faith in their prediction, but this is only my opinion. As far as I am concerned, stating 5 years means they really have no idea.

Keep in mind this will be the "discovery date", not the application to humans. Application to humans will only occur after 7-12 years of human clinical trials from the "discovery date".

There are probably others working a chronic recovery model too.

Here, Dr.Cueto works simultaneously in primates for acutes and rats for chronics, and research about genetical modification glia and hard training to improve the therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    kkmay & Isildur,

Mark Tuzinski (sp) at the University of California at San Diego is supposed to be working on a chronic treatment and he is supposedly making progress. I have no inclination as to how far along his lab is, or isn't.

Hans Kierstad at the Reeve-Irvine Research Center is doing the same, again, I have no idea how well his research is going.

The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis stated in the summer of 2005 that if everything goes just right, they may have an effective treatment for chronics in 5 years. I don't have a lot of faith in their prediction, but this is only my opinion. As far as I am concerned, stating 5 years means they really have no idea.

Keep in mind this will be the "discovery date", not the application to humans. Application to humans will only occur after 7-12 years of human clinical trials from the "discovery date".

There are probably others working a chronic recovery model too.
    Here is another: http://www.neuraxo.com/4.0.html?&L=2

Schmeky, what you say is reasonable, but fortunately none knows what tomorrow will bring us.... so may be a cure could be here sooner than we expect.

Paolo

WCR,

Unfortunately, I agree. If therapies emerge in the next 15 years or so for chronics, I'll be 65. I don't plan on dragging my dead ass around when I'm 65.

I see BioAxone completing their acute trials toward the end of next year and, depending on animal data, moving into chronics in 2008.

I can see Novartis starting their NogoA trials this year.

I can see Mark Tuszynski, Geoffrey Raisman, and the ChinaSCINet starting trials late this year or the next.

I can see Geron starting their remyelinative therapy next year.

I can see Alan Mackay-Sim's trial data being released in June or so of next year.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Talking

Mmmmm..... i´ll be 39.
    The problem is that people believe in a miracles, and think that a cure can make it in a year.