Thread: Neurovita

Neurovita

Русский | English | Deutsch | Suomi | Arabic Clinic About clinic Diagnostics Methods Patients F.A.Q. Personal Photoreport Service Publish Contacts Address To ask a question Implantation of the biodegradable polymer matrix "SpheroGel" and embryonic stem cells under experimental complete spinal injury. The 7th International Congress of the Cell Transplant Society. November 17 to 20-2004. Boston. USA
    A Brukhovetski. V.Yaryghin, V. Chekhonin. E. Savchenko, V. Sevastyanov. N. Perova, S. Abrosimov. Interventional and Restorative Neurology and Therapy Clinic "NeuroVita"; Russian State Medical University; State Research Centre of Social and Legal Psychiatry after V.R Serbski; Scientific Research Institute of Transplantology and Artificial Organs; Moscow. Russia.
    Introduction: Recovery of the spinal functions after injuries is one of the biggest challenges to modern medicine. It is hardly possible to meet this challenge without modeling reconstructive spinal surgeries. In this experiment we applied the technology of spinal reconstruction through the biodegradable polymer "SpheroCel" with embryonic ensheathing stem cells.
    Methods: Embryonic ensheathing glioolfactory stem cells, received from olfactory bulbs of rat embryos were applied in the experiment. Stem cells were cultivated by G. Raisman et al. method (1998], Eighty rats of Vistar line were pre-clinically tested through complete spinal injury modeling. The I" group of 20 rats (control group) undergone laminectomy on D5 level, opening of dura mater, excision of 3 mm of spinal cord and consecutive layered closure. The biodegradable polymer matrix "SpheroCel" was implanted in the diastasis zone of the 2" group (30 rats) and the biodegradable polymer matrix 'Spherogel" with ensheathing neuroepithelial stem cells of rats was implanted in the 3" group (30 rats). No immunosuppression was applied.
    Results: In two months 5% of the control 1st) group recovered spinal functions; in the 2nd group 56% recovered lost functions and in the 3d group 86% regained partial or complete motor activity and control of pelvic functions. The results were verified by neurophysiologic, morphologic and immunochemical tests of spinal cord.
    Conclusion: We proved that in case of special conditions created in the zone of complete spinal injury, injured spinal axons can regenerate, cyst and scar formation can be considerably reduced and neurological deficit can be largely corrected.

Russia, Moscow, Kashirskoye avenue 23, building A Phone (095) 324-9339, 324-9389, fax: 324-9350 e-mail: info@neurovita.ru License # 15128/6587. Information presented on cite can not be used as medical consultation. All decisions referring treatment must be taken by you and Your doctor only.

hotlog_js="1.0"; hotlog_r=""+Math.random()+"&s=80293&im=33&r="+esca pe(document.referrer)+"&pg="+escape(window.locatio n.href); document.cookie="hotlog=1; path=/"; hotlog_r+="&c="+(document.cookie?"Y":"N"); hotlog_js="1.1";hotlog_r+="&j="+(navigator.javaEna bled()?"Y":"N") hotlog_js="1.2"; hotlog_r+="&wh="+screen.width+'x'+screen.height+"& px="+ (((navigator.appName.substring(0,3)=="Mic"))? screen.colorDepth:screen.pixelDepth)hotlog_js="1.3 "hotlog_r+="&js="+hotlog_js; document.write("") http://[IMG]http://hit4.hotlog.ru/cg...m=33[/IMG]

MedLinks - Вся медицина в Интернет.

Nothing of this success rate and magnitude was made pubic at the recent ChinaSCINET in December of 05.

Moreover they are publishing their results
    They did it in Athens and in Sydney and in HongKong
    I wonder why the HongKong meeting did not present their materials at their website.
    It it really so that Dr. Brukhovetski does not report his results

http://www.neurovita.ru/rus_publish_01.html

does this mean injury site, "diastasis zone" ?
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Quote Originally Posted by REZOFF
    Moreover they are publishing their results
    They did it in Athens and in Sydney and in HongKong
    I wonder why the HongKong meeting did not present their materials at their website.
    It it really so that Dr. Brukhovetski does not report his results

http://www.neurovita.ru/rus_publish_01.html
    Hopefully he's the type who will let the results speak for themselves. I'm sick of hearing about friggin rats. Next thing you know the rats'll be runnin' decathlon events in the olympics and I'll still be watchin' from home in my chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I guess it means the site if injury and the gap in case of complete anatomical cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Leo, I think that the word is diasthesis. It is an old word Greek word meaning "a constitution or condition of the body which makes the tissues react in special ways to certain extrinsic stimuli and thus tend to make the person more usually susceptible to certain diseases". The word has special meaning in the old neurophysiological field, meaning a change in responsivity of tissues far from the injury site, such as spinal shock. It was very popular in the 1950's and 1960's, used to explain distant responses of the body to injuries.

Wise.