Thread: Reproductive Center References in So Cal

Reproductive Center References in So Cal

Hi anyone have any references to Reproductive Centers where they have had successful ICSI cycles?

2 failed cycles.....

You can get a list of SCI-experienced fertility clinics throughout the country at www.scifertility.com

University teaching hospitals are often a good resource for high tech ART. Have you tried UCLA, UCSD, Loma Linda University, Cedars Sinai???

(KLD)

The directory seems outdated.

No we haven't tried universities. Two failed ICSI cycles from 2 different centers. Both times no pregnancy. The second doctor said since we have failed twice there is a very high probability that there is some kind of genetic abnormality in one or both of us?

He said we should do Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) to determine this? Sounds like he's selling his own services to me.

Sorry about your losses. We did 5, some failed, some lost pregnancies.

One thing I learned, it might be worth it to try the fine needle aspiration for the sperm if you were doing it other ways. If the sperm comes in contact with the ejaculate fluid, it may have DNA damage. We never tried this as we decided to adopt.

good luck
    - Moody

Where was the failure? The ICSI procedure? The actual fertilization of the egg (combining of nucleus material)? Cell division? Implantation? Knowning at which stage you had lack of success helps to determine what, if anything you should do next.

All of this is also added expense as you know. Have you considered donor sperm? Have you considered adoption?

(KLD)

sorry I didn't see your reply.

For both cycles, the failure happened after the implantation. I think we put in 4 embryos for cycle #2.

BFN. Big fat negative after the blood test 2 weeks later.

Cycle #3 is next week. Retrieval is Monday. We are on a "short" cycle this time. I don't know why. We paid for Cycle #2 and #3 at once so maybe they are trying to save costs???

My wife started a regular exercise program for Cycle #3, went to accupuncture once a week, and started taking these herbs. The egg count this time is a lot higher and sizes off eggs are very close. Her estrogen levels are a lot higher than they were for the other 2 cycles too. Hopefully it makes a difference this time.

Blog Entries

Name of Dr. You Use

walkanotherday.

Can you share with my wife and I where you have gone thus far for your fertility treatments. We live in OC and are just starting the process of trying to get pregnant but have not been able to find any help thus far?!

Thanks for sharing!
    "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31

I know a couple who is currently working with Carol Bennett at UCLA. You could try there. I don't know anyone in OC.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    Great...Thx!
    "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31