Thread: Ditropan shortage....need to cut dose.

Ditropan shortage....need to cut dose.

We are having a ditropan shortage in Australia, KLD has already posted some info over at NM. I cant believe they can just stop supplying it like that, for goodness knows how long.

I have about 30 days supply left, and I need to stretch it out. I am currently taking two tablets a day, but I would like to cut it back to 1 & 1/2 tablet a day. My query is, is it better to cut back the morning tablet by half or the evening one, and how long does this medication generally take to kick in? I obviously want the most effect during the day.

Thanks

Ditropan Shortage

Annabanana, it sounds like not taking the proper dosage of this drug could cause a serious problem. There are other drugs around that can be substituted such as Detrol. You should check with your doctor.
    mike

the generic oxybutol is gone too? definitely try detrol. See if your doc has samples? I'd send ya some but with the Patriot Act and george listening in I'd get arrested!

Thanks mike and Liz....I have had so many problems years back with my bladder, and its been good for about 7 years now, that I am leaving changing medications until as late as possible, if need be.

Liz, thanks so much for the thought, it is something I have thought of and may be trying to work on it still!

AnnaB, I too find myself low/out of ditopan. What progress have you made in sourcing these pills? Have you tried any OS suppliers?

hi AnnaBananaGirl, long time no see. Hope you're doing well.

Why don't you and brocko try an online prescription service and get some ditropan fed'xd or mailed to you? There must be supplies in other countries.

Good luck
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Is the shortage only contained in Australia?

If you want more effect during the day i would recommend taking the larger amount in the early morning. It should kick in within 1 hour,peak effect is 3-6 hours and lasts anywhere from 6-10 hours in the body.

You can adjust the timing accordingly based on your waking and activity level.

AAD