Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: what do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanrmx
    2001 chevrolet corvette convertible, automatic trans, triple black.
    When I'm alone, just disassemble chair, wheels in front of the passenger seat, frame on the seat. When with a passenger, the chair fits great in the trunk, with enough room for a couple of weekend bags. Manual roof is easy to do from seated position, takes long arms and some strength...
    damn you must have a small chair...not that Im doubting you...I just know that when the roof is down a chair would have to be REALLY tiny to still fit in the trunk...I would love to see some pics of your car...the bird is almost paid off and im looking at a C6 for my next toy..
    C5-6 - 22 years

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chappell
    Andy - great photos, cool toys. Btw, where the hell did you park those beasts in Chicago?

Your stories about buying those vehicles reminds me of my buddy's dad in high school who used to go to DRMO and usually bring back something tank like that we could rip around in. Good times..
    Went broke paying for a few spots at a U-Store-It place. The Blazer style trucks I kept at home, but the 6x6's were against the law to park in a residental area, and the back yard wouldnt be too cool, I only keep my old appliances, rocking chairs, and cars missing wheels back there. It was interesting parking a fully marked ambulance with lights in front for a few months until I unloaded it, lots of questioning looks beyond the usual .

Something like a tank you say? I only wish I could buy something like this if not for the demil regs.

Quote Originally Posted by quartermile
    ...the bird is almost paid off and im looking at a C6 for my next toy..
    By C6 do you mean the current generation? I looked at those, one problem though...the seat didnt recline far enough back to fit the wheelchair frame between me and the steering wheel. Gas tank is back there blocking enough recline. I have a bigger frame though, but check first before buying of course!

damn you must have a small chair...not that Im doubting you...I just know that when the roof is down a chair would have to be REALLY tiny to still fit in the trunk...
    My chairs have always been 14" wide and on the short side (various front end bends). They have all fit in the boot of the Ferrari 348 and the 355 spiders if you take the spare tire out. If I remember correctly, the trunk of the Corvette is much bigger than either of the Ferraris.

C.

Drive whatever you want. I have a jeep Cherokee that works for me. As long as you can put controls on it and get into it you can drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer2244pro
    As long as you can put controls on it and get into it you can drive it.

C.

damn you must have a small chair...not that Im doubting you...I just know that when the roof is down a chair would have to be REALLY tiny to still fit in the trunk...I would love to see some pics of your car...the bird is almost paid off and im looking at a C6 for my next toy..
    My chair is a quickie revolution, have it because it fits in the vette! But it is 16W and 19D and it fits great with lots of room, the wheels slide tight under the roof when it is down, and plenty of space for chair and bags in the back area.

The C6 is tighter, I drove a new one from florida to toronto last year for a friend. The cover that seperates the roof folding area from the trunk area makes it tight, and it has sensors. If it is not in position right, the roof won't operate, might be able to remove and trick them to give you a little more room. I'll take som pics today of my trunk for you.

i didn't read the entire thread but has any quad tried the honda element conversion? some ppl tell me there's not enough room for a c5 quad to drive from; other ppl, like the ppl @ drivemaster, claim that's b.s. i'm 99.9% sure i'm going for a caravan mostly because of the price.

i do have a big boooner for the element, and i wonder if any quad drives one.
    thanks,
    rob

i'm hoping to checkout an element soon. i'm a c5/6 and 6'4.....some say i'll fit, others laugh.
    John-B

Quote Originally Posted by 490
    i'm hoping to checkout an element soon. i'm a c5/6 and 6'4.....some say i'll fit, others laugh.
    i'm 5'6" so i may pull it off. now, if i only had money....