Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you drive?

my truck

my jeep

Talking

I drive a 2003 Ford E-250 conversion van. It's awesome but I'm getting sick of the slow transfers. I'm T-10 level and bought my van brand new almost 1 year into my injury. I jumped the gun though and should have purchased something different. My transfers were really bad, when I was first injured.

I'm actually going to put my van on the market soon. I want a truck now. I've been looking at the 2006 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson. But now I'm also steering towards the 2005 or 06' Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Quad cab. They both are awesome. I'm just going to have a airbag system installed on the suspension to make transfer's possible.
    If I go with the F-250 I'm also going to reverse the swing on the driver's side back door so I can just throw the chair behind me.
    It will be nice to have a truck, I can just throw all my crap right in the bed, It's going to have a fiberglass cover of course.
    I'll post a pic of my van either later today or tomorrow. -Ed-

i drive a 2005 Pontiac Montana mini-van. even though i have no kids, if i look like a soccer dad, i'll take that as a compliment. so easy in, easy out. like Shaun, when you guys are getting soaked by rain, i'm gooooone.. lol. i absolutely love it, better than my full-size i had. very roomy for travel and my chair....

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

I agree, Jeff. I just toss my chair in the van, get in the driver's seat, reach around and lock the brakes on the chair then go. Atleast that's how I did it before Thanksgiving. I haven't driven since then.

i bet i can get in my truck faster than any ramp.

f-150 4*4, and a mustang convertible t-7

[quote=Jessecj7]i bet i can get in my truck faster than any ramp.[/quote/]

that includes breaking your chair down too.... impossible..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

[quote=2jazzyjeff]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessecj7
    i bet i can get in my truck faster than any ramp.[/quote/]

that includes breaking your chair down too.... impossible..
    I don't know Jeff. You have to wait for the ramp to come down and then raise you up into the van. I've never raced against my friend who has a van, but I am pretty sure I can beat him. Takes me less then a minute.

[quote=EAK]
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff

I don't know Jeff. You have to wait for the ramp to come down and then raise you up into the van. I've never raced against my friend who has a van, but I am pretty sure I can beat him. Takes me less then a minute.
    EAK, not on a mini.. the ramp is down in like 10 sec's or less, then i'm in in like 3 more sec's.... also, the biggest advantage is being able to already have the ramp down and swiftly come from my garage, mall doors, or wherever w/o slowing down.

also, my statement is including the b'down of the chair. one is still leaning out the door breaking the chair in the rain while i'm halfway down the screet.... all in fun boyz...

I gotta time myself next time and see if I can beat 15 secs. I still think it could be done. How about a race Jeff. You up for it.