Thread: Book holder

Book holder

I want to get into reading more b/c I'm running out of reading things on the computer.Does anyone have somrthing like this so I can change the pages and can stand the book up so I can read better.

There are automatic page turner/book stands, but they are pretty expensive and break down a lot.

You might want to consider using a regular cheap book stand and turning the pages with a mouth stick if you cannot use your arms at all.

(KLD)

Pic is backpacking Alaska '93. How about 2012?
    I have an awesome bookstand--weighted base sits on floor, arm adjusts u p and down, angles and tilts in a multitude of ways. But you have to turn the pages from under these tension holders and tuck under the other side. It's a pain for me to do and I can use my hands, but maybe you are more adept with your mouth. If you think it might work for you let me know by PM (I don't know where this thread got moved to) and I will look harder to remember where I got it.

Are you reading just on-line stuff on computer or ebooks? I've been curious but never found out how many things are in ebook form, and if you can load them on your computer or need an ebook reader. I have fantasies about ideal ebook systems and stands, so if there are any inventors among us, please contact me!

...Sad statement about my fantasy life, I know. But it also has mountains and trails and oceans...

Have you tried using IRC

I'm also C4 and enjoy reading. I download all my ebooks from IRC channels using MIRC(free and thousands are available)- convert to pdf (easier on the eyes) much easier than struggle of turning pages.

i'll pm the details to you ok.

Pic is backpacking Alaska '93. How about 2012?
    Quote Originally Posted by simjohmoz
    I'm also C4 and enjoy reading. I download all my ebooks from IRC channels using MIRC(free and thousands are available)- convert to pdf (easier on the eyes) much easier than struggle of turning pages.
    Would you send it to me too? I am very curious to know what's out there, so prefer reading on screen.

Is there a way to mark up the text and save it? Are they locked somehow? Otherwise Acrobat proper (not the reader) would let me do that. I like to highlight and circle things that strike me.

Here's another site I know about for free on-line books. I don't see current stuff somuch, but you probably can find anything you were supposed to read in high school or college English:
    http://www.gutenberg.org/