Thread: fried my computer

fried my computer

I droped a screw while fixing a friends computer and it landed right on my motherboard and promptly shut off.

question...
    when I get my new board and cpu, should I hook everything up to it in one shot or do I need to introduce one item at a time? I have two HD, cd, cdrw, dvdrw, pci video and the DSL card.

right now I am on an old 486 with a whoooping 128megs of ram
    T-10 complete
    10/08/01
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Install everything at once. There is no need to go device by device since the introduction of PCI and plug and play. Should the computer not boot once everything is installed and plugged in then you will need to go device by device to find out which peice of hardware is the culprit, though most boot issues and errors are caused by RAM not seated properly or video cards.
    Teyrn

i FORGOT TO SWITCH MY COMPUTER OVER TO 230V AND IT SPARKED , IS IT JUST THE POWER SUPPLY THAT BURNS OUT?

Umm 230 volts is meant for european use, here in the good ol' USA you set it at 115 or you ruin your power supply. If you are in Europ then you probably fried the power supply.
    Teyrn