Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fish oil

fish oil

Hello all,

Does anybody have information on fish oil capsules? I know they contain vitamin E which is good for the skin, but is there anything else to know'?

cheers''

dan

I've been told it also helps with circulation! Hoping it works on my right leg that is always cold!
    Just started them yesterday!
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Quote Originally Posted by danius
    Hello all,

Does anybody have information on fish oil capsules? I know they contain vitamin E which is good for the skin, but is there anything else to know'?

cheers''

dan
    Take care if they are from fish liver, Some of them are toxic because it is too much mercury in the ocean.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Fish oil also contains Omega 3 fatty acids which are good for your cardiovascular condition - helping to lower cholesterol I think. I take flax seed oil capsules which also contain Omega 3 and Vitamin E. They also aid the digestive tract.

thanks for the replies I take them once a day, but the recommended dosage is 3 times a day for these particular ones.

cheers

dan

Quote Originally Posted by danius
    Hello all,

cheers''

dan
    I have a whole regimen of supplments I take and a good source of the Omegas is one of them. The fish oils taken from deep ocean species are the best although there are vegetable sources as well.

Long term studies indicate they are beneficial to the circulation, heart and, particullarly, the brain. As I get older and aware of the problems of alzheimers, dementia, cognative degeneration, etc., I look for foods and supplements likely to avoid or delay these conditions and the oils rich in omegas are amongst the most helpful in this regard.

An internet search (Google) will give you reference material sufficiet to keep you busy till you've had your fill of it.
    "Sometimes I just sets and thinks...
    and sometimes I just sets.
    "

Otis Redding I think

Norwegian Cod Liver Oil

For Christmas my brother gave me a bottle of Norwegian Cod Liver Oil. Has anyone tried this stuff, i.e. Norwegian Cod Liver Oil? I am already taking Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids. 1000 mg capsule once a day. I realize I can't take both.

Thanks.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by danius View Post
    thanks for the replies I take them once a day, but the recommended dosage is 3 times a day for these particular ones.

cheers

dan
    If you have high Triglycerides and or high Cholestrol your Doctor should give you a prescription for LOVAZA. This is fish oil - Omega-3.
    It comes in 1000mg capsules. I take 2 capsules 2 times a day.
    Hope this helps.

I take one fish oil in the morning and Flaxseed at night.
    it helps..
    LET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    For Christmas my brother gave me a bottle of Norwegian Cod Liver Oil. Has anyone tried this stuff, i.e. Norwegian Cod Liver Oil? I am already taking Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids. 1000 mg capsule once a day. I realize I can't take both.

Thanks.
    I have never tried that brand but most children take here, we call it "tran". We take it for the A, D, and E-vit and people here have been taking it for ages. I see it has Omega 3 inside too but that is a new thing we didn't learn when we were small And it is much cheaper than the capsules of Omega 3. Under the WW2 they fryed the food in it and they say nobody was sick from cold those five years

TH 12, 43 years post