Thread: Anybody from Minnesota here?

Anybody from Minnesota here?

If there are any people from Minnesota here I would like to get some information in regards to PCA. Thank you!

Tekniko, do you still need PCA info for Minnesota? I have 24 years' experience including current info.

I did a while back but any new info is always welcome and to know how this system works out in Minnesota. If they accept the spouse to be a PCA like they do out here in California. The only thing they don't pay the spouse if they are a PCA out here in California is for housecleaning and laundry I believe.

There's still no payment of a spouse (or blood relative unless the relative does not live with you). It's pretty damned stupid. My SO has been my PCA for ten years now....

Pay in the Twin Cities is much better than it was limited to for so long. With "PCA Choice" (no nurse to snoop, I mean supervise) it can even go above $11.00 with experience and good reviews.

They only pay around $7.75 for a provider out here in South Bay area in Southern California. The good thing about it is that my wife could be my provider unlike out there in Minnesota. Too bad things are the way they are out there otherwise I would have thought of moving up there in the near future because life out here is really expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmare
    There's still no payment of a spouse (or blood relative unless the relative does not live with you). It's pretty damned stupid. My SO has been my PCA for ten years now....
    Could this be different county to county as I know of family who are pca to those in need of that are parents, siblings, etc.

Tekniko, Mn. is suppose to be a very accessible state and is in many ways, I've heard, read and have seen it firsthand in M/SP especially but don't forget six mos. of rain, snow and/or ice! Although for me, after spending time south, loving the warmth and it's unique beauty- nothing beats being able to not worry about poisonous snakes, bugs, etc. and be free to stroll paths, fields and woods w/out worry... in the northern half anyhow.
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Quote Originally Posted by teesieme
    Could this be different county to county as I know of family who are pca to those in need of that are parents, siblings, etc.
    There is a distinction between "spouse" and "relative." My mother worked as a part-time PCA for me way back when, but I left home at 18 and never returned, so all we needed was a simple one-page waiver.

As long as the PCA and client do not live in the same house, it's simple.

It would be a little odd trying to explain that your spouse doesn't live with you but does 7 hours/day PCA work.