Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: buying a wheelchair on ebay....

buying a wheelchair on ebay....

I was checking some wheelchairs on ebay and the prices seem a little unrealistic for an ultra-light chair.
    I am a little skeptic about it.
    Has anyone buy a WC from ebay?
    "Your unhappiness is a result of your attitude, which you can change.You can continue to brood over what went wrong, or you can turn around and contemplate what can go right in the future. You don’t have to be miserable unless you enjoy misery."

Yes, there are others on this board who have bought WCs from ebay.

The Tilites come to mind. I do believe Jeff Weeks is one who posted pics of his and did a mini-review.

found it: http://carecure.org/forum/showthread...ight=ebay+demo
    Last edited by Jadis; 01-05-2006 at 07:16 PM.

I thought wheelchairs had to be fitted for you. Mine is 16x16
    and I remember in rehab when they took all my measurments for
    the chair.

they are, but for the most part, they are standard sizes. if you know yours, u can get a chair second hand or a demo chair.

Mine is 18x18, everything else is pretty much personal preference. How high do you want to be off the floor? How much dump do you want?

Sure, lower leg length is nonnegotiable, but how do you sit in the chair? Fuente likes to have his knees higher than i do, so his foot plate is adjusted higher than mine. Such things - including COG, and whatnot are fine-tuneable.

I saw a couple of demo chairs that are "my size". I could do some adjustments to them. Medicare denied me a new chair, so this is my second choice for now.
    "Your unhappiness is a result of your attitude, which you can change.You can continue to brood over what went wrong, or you can turn around and contemplate what can go right in the future. You don’t have to be miserable unless you enjoy misery."

You can also check out this site for used chairs and equipment.

www.wheelchairjunkie.com

Definitely expect to pay about $500-$800 for a wheelchair on ebay. I have a Vision Record up there now, ending in 12 hours, that I fully expect to go above $500. My friend has a Colors Eclipse on there that will probably do the same, and I had a Eclipse on ebay a while back that did $500 to the penny but it was a small seat so I didn't expect it to go higher. I do believe 95% of the chairs we have sold have gone for that much or more.
    If you let me know what seat size you need and what you are looking for, we have more chairs going up soon, most of the GPV-like but others soon to come. We'll sell to you directly for the approximate ebay price, you also pay shipping.

Speaking of e-bay does anyone know know where i could buy a tilt table for my b/f not using e-bay? we cant afford a full priced table and they r soooo expensive!
    How does a blade of grass thank the sun?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelchair_Diva
    I saw a couple of demo chairs that are "my size". I could do some adjustments to them. Medicare denied me a new chair, so this is my second choice for now.
    Do you want an ultralight for loading/driving purposes? Have pain from pushing the chair you have now?

Sometimes Vocational Rehab will fund chairs depending on the reasoning. Normally you have to have tried all other ways and means first. Present to them your insurance denial.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

question about the wheelchair sizes ... when it's something like 16x18 is it width x depth or depth x width?
    Daniel