Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my new TiLite ZRA

Got my new TiLite ZRA

Well I just got it yesterday and I'm still getting used to it, but it seems like the front wheels are going to get caught easily and throw me out. Other than that it's pretty awesome. It rides soooo smooth which is nice. Does anyone else have this problem of feeling like their going to get tossed if you hit a crack or bump?

John E.

What size is your chair? I'm still waiting for my chair.

We ordered one but it came to short so we re-ordered another one 1" longer. I felt like it was to forward tippy so the extra inch should put the front casters out in front further...
    EM

Put Your Footplate Up, And Or Losen Your Back Upolstry. This Puts Your Center Of Gravity Back, Making Your Frt End Lighter
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

what he said, or the size of your front casters can make a difference. 3 inch micros are a lot more likely to land you on your face than larger wheels. If they are tiny and you are able to change them, give it a try and see how you like it.

That is the exact problem. It's about an inch shorter than my other chair and no the seat isn't shorter just the chair.
    It's 18"x18". I wish someone could have given me an idea that this might happen, but when you order them there is no such catagory.
    I think I'm going to try to loosen the back so it sets me back father.

I wish there was a better way to try the chairs too.

I went from a 18w x 18d to a 16w x 17d. With the 16w chair I don't have much room to go backwards so the length of the chair becomes critical for me.

I tried to get Ti to weld a 2" extension on the rear tubing and drill the appropriate holes so I would have a chair that would have three different depth lengths, 16, 17 and 18. This way I could do a lot of experimenting so on the next chair I would know exactly what I wanted/needed...
    Last edited by em; 01-05-2006 at 07:25 PM.
    EM

john, can't you move your rear wheels back a little? That would maybe stabilize your COG somewhat. What was the seat size of your previous chair and what type of chair was it? Also, how tall are you?

i got the same chair and I don't like it. I feel the same way as if the wheels are to small or some thing. Plus one of the front wheels don't touch the ground, can't undrestand why..

ls brave sounds like you might need to adjust your castors if you have the zra, instruction manual shows you how.

Quote Originally Posted by em
    I wish there was a better way to try the chairs too.

I went from a 18w x 18d to a 16w x 17d. With the 16w chair I don't have much room to go backwards so the length of the chair becomes critical for me.

I tried to get Ti to weld a 2" extension on the rear tubing and drill the appropriate holes so I would have a chair that would have three different depth lengths, 16, 17 and 18. This way I could do a lot of experimenting so on the next chair I would know exactly what I wanted/needed...
    EM did you talk to anybody in engineering or the designs unlimited department about doing that?