Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ''Ultraslick'' Trans board??----Quad transfer.

hey Ms. Anty. how much is that Beasy? Arent you afraid of pinching your skin? I saw this thing demonstrated years ago, its kinda nifty

hey ms liz the beasy never pinched my ass lol it is great insurance paid for the shorter 1. i paid for the longer 1 i think 250 dollars but not sure it was 4 yrs ago. go look at the site i am sure they have prices anty
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Quote Originally Posted by FREEJ
    Thanks for the reply's,,,, it looks even, like a preference thing.

Az,,,,,,,,, the 2 boards I use now are old, but very smooth,,,no finish,,,, Think I should wax one,,,,,,,,

Slipperyness will help me,,,,,,,

Freej
    If it's plain wood you might try furniture polish or ask someone at a good lumberyard.
    The wax would probably help but may absorb into the wood so a finish may not stick if you want to do that later.

You can also try a talc (baby powder). It helps but a bit messy.
    Several years ago I used a spray silicone with good results. Be sure to rub off all excess.
    Hope this helps.

I know the people who make the UltraSlick. One of the owners has a C6 SCI himself for over 30 years, and I have known him for 25 years. We use them where I work. They will customize the cut-outs if you need them (not everyone needs a cut-out), and yes, you can purchase directly throught their website.

(KLD)

I have an Ultraslick and it's not as "slick" or slippery as the name suggests. I seem to exert the same amount of effort as when I used my previous no-name board. I suppose I could wax it up or something. The Accessible Designs board would be better for my transfers if it only had one hole instead of two. I hate to have my ischiums get hung up IN the holes. I do like their idea of the anti-slip material on one end of the board though. As I'm sure most of you know, sometimes the board shifts, slips and moves with your butt.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    I have an Ultraslick and it's not as "slick" or slippery as the name suggests. I seem to exert the same amount of effort as when I used my previous no-name board. I suppose I could wax it up or something. The Accessible Designs board would be better for my transfers if it only had one hole instead of two. I hate to have my ischiums get hung up IN the holes. I do like their idea of the anti-slip material on one end of the board though. As I'm sure most of you know, sometimes the board shifts, slips and moves with your butt.
    that anti slip stuff has saved my ass from falling more than once. huge benefit
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    I do like their idea of the anti-slip material on one end of the board though. As I'm sure most of you know, sometimes the board shifts, slips and moves with your butt.
    You can put anti-slip stuff on the underside of any board you want, buying it at Home Depot or Lowes. It definitely helps keep the board from moving away during transfers. I actually have skateboard grip-tape on the bottom of two of my boards, and you can tell I bought the tape way back in like '91, because it's day-glo pink and green.

FREEJ, I just got a new board while out of town because I accidentally left mine in my van at the airport, and I don't know the brand, but I'll try to find out, because it's slicker than any board I've used. It's wood, and has only one hand-hold on one end (perpindicular to the board, which I like, but may not work for you). I'll try to find out the brand. It looks like the same kind of "standard" board I've always seen/used, but it's frickin' slick.

KLD,,, ,,, being that you you have been using the Ultraslick for a very long time, and with heavy use at your work:
    Do you find many weaker, higher quads like using ''that'' board? Also,,,,do you put something on them[wax/polish] to keep them slipperry?

Scorppp,,,, don't be lazy,,, 'n find out what kind of board you just got,,,, where'd you get it?

Skateboard tape is good for ''non-slip'',,,, another choice; I have a piece of ''non-skid'' safety tape[Home Depot] for bathroom/shower tile, or ''non-skid'' tape for use on stair treads,,,,,,,,,

Freej

another choice; I have a piece of ''non-skid'' safety tape[Home Depot] for bathroom/shower tile, or ''non-skid'' tape for use on stair treads,,,,,,,,,
    Yeah, that's what I was talking about, exactly.

KLD,,, ,,, being that you you have been using the Ultraslick for a very long time, and with heavy use at your work:
    Do you find many weaker, higher quads like using ''that'' board? Also,,,,do you put something on them[wax/polish] to keep them slipperry?

Scorppp,,,, don't be lazy,,, 'n find out what kind of board you just got,,,, where'd you get it?

Skateboard tape is good for ''non-slip'',,,, another choice; I have a piece of ''non-skid'' safety tape[Home Depot] for bathroom/shower tile, or ''non-skid'' tape for use on stair treads,,,,,,,,,

Freej
    i tried the stuff from home depot. didnt work. the stuff on my ad board is like rubbery.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer