View Poll Results: Have you seen results from Portugal surgery?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • improvement?

1 16.67%
  • no improvement?

5 83.33%

Thread: Dr. Lima Surgery

Dr. Lima Surgery

I have read so many bad things about Dr. Lima's surgery, but I have seen first hand great results. My husband had this surgery on December 10th and he can already move his toes on both feet, fingers on both hands and push his right foot down. He has not done any of these things in 5 years and he is now doing them 3 weeks after surgery. So how could the surgery be a bad thing. We video taped everything and all movement is controlled. This has all happened before he even started rehab in Detroit.

What great news. Sounds like the surgery was a 'good' thing, not bad. What was your husbands level of injury/function before surgery? I wish him all the best in his recovery and rehab, keep us up to date. I am very interested in this. My son's 5th anniversary of injury is later this month, and I am getting anxious for some kind of therapy, anything.
    chris B.

Can you provide more proof please? Some concrete evidence of your husband before and after.

Level of injury- complete or incomplete?

Thanks.

My husband, Cisco, is a C-5 quad. Diving accident, June, 2000. He also is able to kick his right leg! These are all new. He hasn't done them in over five years, so we are amazed at the results so far.

Dr. lima gave Cisco an Asia test the day before surgery and was also surprised that he was able to kick his leg 2 days after surgery. He has the post surgery tests and we will also keep you posted when we get to Detroit. In Detroit we will get concrete evidence and hopefully post video. My husband is C5 incomplete with sensation.

Was he an incomplete before the surgery? Also did you go to portugal to receive this treatment and are u directed to do rehab in Detroit after?

Quote Originally Posted by JennCisco
    I have read so many bad things about Dr. Lima's surgery, but I have seen first hand great results. My husband had this surgery on December 10th and he can already move his toes on both feet, fingers on both hands and push his right foot down. He has not done any of these things in 5 years and he is now doing them 3 weeks after surgery. So how could the surgery be a bad thing. We video taped everything and all movement is controlled. This has all happened before he even started rehab in Detroit.
    Hi, JennCisco. There was an earlier poll concerning recovery by people who had the Lima procedure. http://carecure.org/forum/showthread...487#post385487

Wise.