Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neurontin side effects

Poor Mary, I feel the same way, but I didn't want to be discouraging to a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Duramater
    900 mgs a day completely sedated me, 600 mgs made me stupid, 300 mgs made me dimwitted, Mary
    Mary, i think my high dosage and my pre-SCI dimwittedness is a ''push''.. they cancel each other...? i'm still stupid tho..lol

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

A law firm here in Florida just started a TV commercial campaign looking for Neurontin users. They indicated that it was being used for things other than what is was originally designed or prescribed for and that's one of reasons why they're fishing for clients to sue on behalf of. And something about liver damage too. When the lawyers get involved on a contingency fee basis........look out!
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

I saw a similar ad in Michigan. Concerning suicide risks for neurontin users who were outside of the approved user lists. It looks like a request for a class-action law suit. Anyone read John Grisham's "King of Torts"?????
    BeeBee

i am no risk for suicide, but can either Bob or BeeBee provide a link? just for info. sake..... thanks.. i will search also.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Sorry, no, it was a TV ad. On a cable channel. If I see it again, I'll write down the number/webaddress to contact.
    BeeBee

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    A law firm here in Florida just started a TV commercial campaign looking for Neurontin users. They indicated that it was being used for things other than what is was originally designed or prescribed for and that's one of reasons why they're fishing for clients to sue on behalf of. And something about liver damage too. When the lawyers get involved on a contingency fee basis........look out!
    I saw that ad too. I think it dealt with suicidal tendency and depression. As for liver damage, not likely. Neurontin metabolizes through the kidneys. I like knowing that I have two kidneys, and my liver is only being attacked by the booze I use to wash away depression. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SoFla
    I saw that ad too. I think it dealt with suicidal tendency and depression. As for liver damage, not likely. Neurontin metabolizes through the kidneys. I like knowing that I have two kidneys, and my liver is only being attacked by the booze I use to wash away depression. LOL
    This is the third ad of its type I've seen in about a year. The Fentanyl patch was one and maybe the other was for Vioxx. I've only seen the Neurontin ad once so far and guess I got my facts wrong. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I know it by heart like those damn pervasive and annoying Ditech and Geiko commercials. Man, give us break why dontcha!
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

I have a Breakoplexis (spelling) injury that effects my right arm and all of the fingers on my right hand. I have been taking 18oomg a day for the last 6 years, and the only side effect I have is when I miss a dose or run out the pain is back instantly.
    Disabled American Veteran
    USMC
    1985-

I take 300 mg 3 times per day and I find it helps minimally and I did gain weight going on it. I tried to go off of it, but couldn't take the pain. Every little bit of relief is worth it. I hope it works for you dear.