Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Happy upcomming Birthday Wise & Happy 2006 to everyone..

Happy birthday Dr. Young. Thanks for being there for us.

Happy Birthday Wise! I'm glad Obieone sang for you because I *really* am in no condition to get out the fishnets today.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

Buffalo, Ox, Cow

A born leader, you inspire confidence from all around you. You are conservative methodical, and good with your hands. Guard against being chauvinistic and always demanding your own way. The Buffalo would be successful as a skilled surgeon, general, or hairdresser.

Advantages of Ox people: Powerful individual, successful, unyielding, stubborn, can be a good leader, can be a good parent, upright, inspiration to others, placid and easygoing, self assurance, quiet, good with hands, eloquent with public.

Disadvantages of Ox people: Conservative, easily misunderstood in family relationship, cool attitudes, unemotional responses, anger easily.

When you get around to angering easily, warn us first! It must be a relief to know you can always fall back on that hairdressing gig.

Happy birthday, Wise. I hope the karma gods give you back some of the good things you've given us.

Happy Birthday Dr. Wise Young!, I wish you all the best

By the way I am also a Capricorn...mmm Capricorns are stubborn!

Smile

Wishing you Happy birthday and prosperous new year with all upcoming combination therapies & progress in stemcell research. best wishes & good luck..

Happy belated birthday from Oz!
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Thank you, everybody, for the birthday greetings.

MrSoul, actually, because the Chinese year begins on the Chinese New Year and January 1 is still from the previous year, I am actually not a "Tiger" but a Cow.

Wise.

What a coincidence!! My son, Richard, is also a cow. What I observe my son as a cow is that he is honest, kind, respectful (especially to his parents), focused, disciplined, deligent, smart (may not be as smart as Dr. Young)....hmmm....he is good looking too....

After his injury, I found he is such an invincible fine young man too, who is able to conquer the worst adversity in life!!!
    Suzanne

Geez, I missed this somehow...

"Happy B Day, You Sexy Geek" Thanx for everything

Quote Originally Posted by poonsuzanne
    What a coincidence!! My son, Richard, is also a cow. What I observe my son as a cow is that he is honest, kind, respectful (especially to his parents), focused, disciplined, deligent, smart (may not be as smart as Dr. Young)....hmmm....he is good looking too....

After his injury, I found he is such an invincible fine young man too, who is able to conquer the worst adversity in life!!!
    Suzanne, you and your husband have every right to be proud of Richard. He is a wonderful person. His speech at the Gala was very self-assured and well-delivered. He is now a man and a very fine one at that. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Disadvantages of Ox people: Conservative, easily misunderstood in family relationship, cool attitudes, unemotional responses, anger easily.
    Betheny, I suspect that this whole Chinese animal thing is a grand scheme concocted to figure out the ages of people for match-making purposes. For example, while you cannot ask a woman her age, you can ask what animal she is related to.

The characteristics also vary according to the year. I could not find a Chinese text on the subject but this web site http://www.usbridalguide.com/special...oscopes/Ox.htm has a list of the detailed characteristics on a cycle by cycle basis:
    THE EARTH OX 1949 AND 2009

The most reliable and diligent Oxen belong to this collection of Oxen. The Earth element balances many of their negative characteristics. These Oxen are show good judgement, a good characteristic for successful financial dealings. Other people tend to look up to Earth Oxen because of their reliability, sincerity and their modest ambitions. They are willing to tackle the workload when it become overbearing for others and are loyal and compassionate with family and friends.
    The Chinese use animal characteristics for assessing love and marriage compatibility (it makes good bedtime conversation, I guess). According to the above web site, my best marriage partners should be born in the years of snakes, rabbits, monkey, rooster, pig. My wife is amongst these. Finally, it suggests that I should have really great sex with a partner born in the year of the rat but marriage is not a good idea.

On the other hand, just to give you an idea of how seriously many Chinese take the animal signs, 2002 was Chinese Black Water Horse year. That is considered by many Chinese to be one of the best signs for a male child. During that year, I was told that there was a significant fall in the abortion rates and increase in birth rates in China. The dragon year is considered to be the best year for both boys and girls. So, we should expect a blip in births in 2012.

By the way, Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/2002/11/01/cx_...iac_print.html) did an analysis of the Chinese Zodiac signs of the 100 wealthiest Chinese and 100 wealthiest Americans. They found an interesting distribution. Nearly 11% (10.75%) of the wealthiest US citizens were born in the year of the dragon. By comparison, only 6% were born in the year of the rooster. Similarly, 12% of the wealthiest Chinese citizens were born in the dragon year. Amongst Chinese, however, 15% of the wealthy were born in the year of the Tiger and 12% were born in the year of the rabbit.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 01-03-2006 at 07:53 AM.